The Twitter Application setup process is described below. These steps below should guide you through the entire process.
- Navigate to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps
- In the top right, click the "Sign In" and login with your Twitter account
- Click the blue "Create New App" in the top right.
- You may be prompted to apply for a new developer account. If so, please complete that process before proceeding.
- Fill out each setting provided, as noted below and in the images
- App Name - Your Twitter Application name. Generally, use your website name here.
- Application Description - A description of your website / Twitter Application
- Website URL - Your full website URL, like http://www.sourcecoast.com/
- Enable Sign in with Twitter - check this box to allow authentication with Twitter credentials.
- Callback URL - Your full website URL with 'index.php'
- Add as many callback URLs as necessary for all variations of your site, like:
- Tell us how this app will be used - enter at least a 100 characters on how your using the application.
- Click the Create button.
- Agree to the "Review our Developer Terms" popup.
- If you'd like to support Automatic Registration for users, you will need to set up the Twitter application to retrieve email addresses.
- Navigate to the "Permissions" tab. Check the "Request email address from users" setting and click the "Save" button.
- Once the steps above are complete, navigate to the "Keys and Tokens" tab. You'll see a section like below with your application information:
Use the API Key and API Secret Key in the JFBConnect settings for Twitter Application ID and Twitter Secret Key. At this point, JFBConnect is ready for Twitter authentication.
Twitter Application Image
If you'd like to update the application image shown during the login/authentication process, go to the "App details" tab of your Twitter Application and upload your image in the "Application Icon" section.