The Twitter Application setup process is described below. These steps below should guide you through the entire process.
- Navigate to https://apps.twitter.com/
- In the top right, click the "Sign In" and login with your Twitter account
- Click the blue "Create New App" in the top right.
- Fill out each setting provided, as noted below and in the image
- Name - Your Twitter Application name. Generally, use your website name here.
- Description - A description of your website / Twitter Application
- Website - Your full website URL, like http://www.sourcecoast.com/
- Callback URL - Your full website URL, like http://www.sourcecoast.com/
- Agree to the terms of service, enter the captcha
- Click the "Create Your Twitter Application" button
- After you've created the application, go to the "Settings" tab. In the "Application Details" section, check the box labeled "Allow this application to be used to Sign In with Twitter"
- Please ensure that the "Enable Callback Locking" setting is disabled in the "Settings" tab. When enabled you may receive errors when trying to authenticate with Twitter.
- If you'd like to support Automatic Registration for users, you will need to set up the Twitter application to retrieve email addresses.
- Navigate to the "Permissions" tab. Check the "Request email addresses from users" setting and click the "Update Settings" button.
- Once the steps above are complete, navigate to the "Keys and Access Tokens" tab. You'll see a section like below with your application information:
Use the API Key and API Secret in the JFBConnect settings for Twitter Application ID and Twitter Secret Key. At this point, JFBConnect is ready for Twitter authentication.
Twitter Application Image
If you'd like to update the application image shown during the login/authentication process, go to the "Settings" tab of your Twitter Application and upload your image in the "Application Icon" section.