When your Open Graph Action and Object have been successfully tested on your site with your 'real' Facebook user and your 'test user', it's time to submit your Action to Facebook. After your action is approved, the action will be available to all of your users.
Before you submit your action, please make sure:
- You've successfully posted the action to an administrator user's Activity Log
- You've successfully posted the action to a "Test User" Activity Log
- If it's a built-in Action, it adheres to the Facebook policies for built-in Actions. Specifically, for "Read" actions that trigger on pageload, the action is set to wait at least 10 seconds before pushing to the user's Timeline. We'd recommend waiting 15s.
Once ready, to submit your action, click the "Submit" button next to the action that you have already tested. In the "Submission" popup, you'll be given instructions on how to submit. As the first line, put:
This action is implemented using JFBConnect for the Joomla CMS.
That will help notify Facebook of your implementation of the Action. They are familiar with JFBConnect, so it will also help them fill in any holes if you're missing something as well as for them to give feedback to us on common issues.
Then, add specific details about how to recreate your action. Specifically:
- Mention the name of the Test User you created to test with (that they will likely test with as well)
- Provide a direct link to the page on your site with the Login with Facebook button
- Provide a direct link to the page where the action can be taken
- Provide clear instructions of where to click or what to do on the page to trigger the action
- Be specific and clear. Do not assume the user will know Joomla or your template.
Give helpful screenshots of the steps:
- Do not zoom in on specific elements. Use pictures from far enough away so that it's obvious where to look for a feature.
- For example, do not provide a picture of just the Login with Facebook button. Include other elements from your page so the button can be clearly located.
Once you hit "Continue" on your "Trigger Steps" section, you may be brought to a section for "Optional Capabilities". If you have setup additional capabilities like User Messages, People Tagging, Place Tagging or Explicitly Shared, you'll need to fill out this section with information like below:
After filling out those details, you'll see an overview page of your submission details, like below.
If everything looks correct there, click the "Submit for Approval" button. You should see a confirmation window.
At that point, your done with your submission. You'll hear from Facebook within a few days of your approval status. Let us know how it goes and feel free to post your results, comments, or feedback in our support forums. Good luck!