JFBConnect in trial use on a private website.
1500+ users login OK using email address & website password
Now trialling Facebook login button. OK for first four users. One user received this error and cannot proceed. She can still log in using website credentials, but not Facebook.
www.keyhavenyc.co.uk redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies. [we have tried this many times]
URL for the error is:
https://www.keyhavenyc.co.uk/index.php? … 6e9c11#_=_
Check the following:
* In the JFBConnect -> Channels area, make sure you haven't setup a Channel for this user's account. If so, disable it temporarily.
* Ensure the JFBConnect Authentication, System and User plugins are enabled.
* In the JFBConnect -> Usermap area, search for the user's Joomla account and make sure it's mapped properly to their Facebook account. Double check that the Joomla user account is activated and enabled.
If all that looks good, let me know and we'll gladly help investigate further.
Thanks for quick response.
I confirm everything you suggest is OK, EXCEPT that the user does own 2 channels - one to Facebook Group, one to Facebook Page.
I have disabled these for now, but she is supposed to be the main admin user, so we need these both to work under her ID.
Is this not possible?
When you create a Channel for a user, there are additional permissions required from Facebook. Those permissions are requested when the user logs into the site using Facebook.
The required permissions are manage_pages, publish_actions and publish_pages. The redirect loop is likely happening because your application isn't allowed to ask for those permissions from your client. The ways to resolve this issue are:
* Your client is an admin or developer of the Facebook Application. Facebook users with those roles can be asked any permission.
* If the user isn't a manager of the Application (and you don't want them to be), then you need to go through the Facebook review process so that your application can ask those permissions from any Facebook user. The review process can be started in the Facebook Developer area and is pretty straightforward.. a few questions about why you want the permission and some screenshots as to how to login to the site or a video (which can be taken with a cellphone). Nothing fancy.
I hope that helps explain, but if not, or you have any questions, let us know,
I have invited the user to be a Developer of the Facebook App, and she has accepted.
This has fixed the problem, and the user can now log in using Facebook, but I am surprised this is necessary - if it really is should it not be in the documentation?
Thanks for your help to get to this point!
It's covered in the "Troubleshooting" area of the Creating a Social Channel documentation.
We have a lot of documentation, it can be hard to find the right thing.. which is why we also have great support
Glad you got things going,
Oh.. and most users who install JFBConnect are the owners of their site. So, they are admins of their Facebook app which means they don't need to deal with approvals or adding other users. That's why it's not called out even higher somewhere.