× Joomla Facebook Connect support forum

Topic-icon Performance and Facebook Fan Page

Active Subscriptions:

None
11 years 8 months ago #26135 by bobmeetin
Yes I fully understand worst case scenario. Try selling anything on craigslist; the first thing, commonly the first sentence that comes out of the caller's mouth is what's your bottom line. How is that relevant, not sure but bottom line = worst case in some disturbed way of thinking. I understand about google analytics, facebook stuff etc and cacheing. I also don't wish to be the 'guilty' party in building a site that's speed is contingent on these external factors. Maybe I will have to begrudgingly amend this philosophy over time.

Rsrc.php - I will take a further look (sometime). We do have JFBConnect login (or whatever it is now) enabled and I think a couple simple Facebook widget links. What bothers me here is that the problems I see are intermittent - I don't see the rsrc stuff every time even after clearing cache. Seems to me that they should be on/off based upon which functions are enabled. Request (or Invite) and Fanpage are enabled, also a free Tell a Friend (not yours).

There is some other stuff like jQuery that I would like to delve into to eliminate some duplication, unfortunately I am now doing this 'gratis' as the maintenance budget is at low tide. And of course ripping out the current slideshow will help, I already know that. Waiting for approval... I will send you a private message with the site name.
The topic has been locked.
Active Subscriptions:

None
11 years 8 months ago #26136 by bobmeetin
I ran a couple tests to see if I could isolate where the rsrc requests are coming from.

1) Disabled Fan page - loaded and reloaded page 20 times, they did NOT appear
2) Enabled Fan but turned off Faces - still irregularly appear
3) Enabled Fan turned off Faces and Stream - even more regularly appear
4) Enabled Fan, Disabled login function - they still appear

It appears that they only appear if Fan is enabled but neither disabling faces or stream make a difference. They still appear irregularly.
The topic has been locked.