× Joomla Facebook Connect support forum

Topic-icon avatar doesn't get imported

Active Subscriptions:

None
14 years 8 months ago #2005 by Zaphod
Hi,

I'm sorry for starting a new topic on this, as it seems that more people are having problems with fields not importing from FB to CB, but I havn't found exactly my problem yet, so here goes:

I want users to fill in their profiles completely, and I want to link my site to FaceBook, JFBConnect offers an easy way to get an avatar, fill in a lot of fields in the profile fast and connect the site to FB. Downside is that I can't find a way to get people to fill in fields like their birthday as making this an obligatory field seems to interfere with JFBConnect and FB doesn't offer the field.

But a problem is that the avatars don't get imported. On registration, the website claims:

* Facebook profile successfully connected.
* Successfully imported avatar from Facebook.

but the avatar is not imported, it only shows in the login/logout module, but nowhere else.

Also I want to be able to approve users before they are accepted, but eventhough my CB says that it's required... it's not somehow, which seems weird because I read others on this forum who complained that they wanted it this way but couldn't get it set up...

My website is: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="www.aegee-groningen.nl">www.aegee-groningen.nl

I use: CB 1.2.1 | Joomla! 1.5.14

I hope someone can help!

Best,

Thomas
The topic has been locked.
Active Subscriptions:

None
14 years 8 months ago #2010 by bjorn190
Have you tried removing all obligatory, required field "ticks" from CB? ;)

I had the same problem. It was because CB wanted a required field, that FB couldnt fill out 100% of the time. When that happened, the user was not added.

It's not really a bug, its just that u cant require a field that the user cant add info to. Maybe you have the same problem like I had?

Hope this helps
The topic has been locked.