× Joomla Facebook Connect support forum

Topic-icon Community Builder User Manager - User not confirmed/approved

Active Subscriptions:

None
Just copied this info from my other post.

Seems like forcing it auto-authorize them would be the best route. But only if they log in via the facebook method.

If they register for the site via the community builder registration method, then I want an e-mail to be sent to them to click to authenticate there account. Which is how I have it now, since I edited the "register for this site" to link to the community builder registration page.

Oh, on the log in is it possible to use the Community Builder login instead of the joomla log in?

On the Synchronize users question. I'm not to sure, but this is what is says:

This will synchronize the Joomla/Mambo User table with the Joomla/Mambo Community Builder User Table.
Please make sure before synchronizing that the user name type (first/lastname mode choice) is set correctly in Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> General, so that the user-synchronization imports the names in the appropriate format.

My question.

Community Builder User Manager

After you connect via Facebook. The account in the CB User Manager is Un-confirmed & Un-Approved. Because of this if they try to go to there account they get this:

This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

The only way to fix this is to to to CB > Tools > Synchronize Users. This does work, but it is annoying work around. But if this is fixed somehow, I'd be a happy Joomla camper.

Also when people sign up via facebook I don't get a e-mail letting me know of a new user. Last thing is the "Register for this site" links to the standard joomla registration and not the CB registration. I could fix this by editing the file directly. But if I have to keep doing so with the future updates. That can get old.

This is my site BTW - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="SlySpyder.com">SlySpyder.com

Response by sourcecoast

Thanks for your feedback on the CB portion of the component. The integration portion was written before we added the new registration form. I'd assume we could now check the user-confirmation setting in CB and send the email (for the user to confirm). We can also just force it to auto-authorize them. Will likely make it an option.

What does the "Syncrhonize users" function do, do you know? We can investigate more, but I'm not readily familiar with that aspect of CB.

The login module has quite a few fixes we need to implement, and those links is on the list. The other is to break it up more to allow for much easier template overrides in the future.

Thanks for the help. If you would, when responding to this (or if you find other bugs).. start a new post. It's impossible to track issues in here as there's no cohesive way to see what's being discussed and status.

The topic has been locked.