1 / In the request or invitation section, is it possible to put a different invitation text depending on the url (home page, article, event ...) before the button?
2 / Compatible with social networks easyprofil sociable (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension … ociable/)?
3 / Integrate by default the recognition of the email (instead of the name of the user that our members forget) for identification (rather than going through another plugin https://extensions.joomla.org/extension … on-email). Interest also for SC login!
4 / integrate this into a point system to encourage (there was AUP but I don't know if they will pass it under Joomla 4, if not the extension "Sociable" to an interesting rule)
5/ possibility to integrate alternatives to facebook -> https://diasporafoundation.org/ and twitter ->https://joinmastodon.org/
If it exists, please tell me the url because I haven't seen it.
Otherwise it is a suggestion :-)
1) The invitation/Requests feature of JFBConnect lets you send a request to your users who have authenticated with Facebook. You can create a custom message and URL that the user will go to when clicked. Please note that the Requests feature is still supported by Facebook, but they are slowly removing it's capabilities and limiting it in other ways. We will continue to support it, but are not planning any future development or improvements on Requests.
2) We haven't tested with Sociable yet. JFBConnect does create 100% standard Joomla users, so anyone that registers with JFBConnect should have an account created in Sociable. However, we don't have a plugin for profile import into that extension to bring in extra profile information.
3) JFBConnect allows users to login using their social network accounts. That's one of the huge benefits. They can register and then later return using only their social network credentials, which they are much more likely to remember.
4) We support point rewards for Alta User Points, Alpha User Points and JomSocial currently. We're always evaluating new extensions to add support for different features based on customer feedback.
5) We support over a dozen different social networks right now. We mainly add new ones based on customer feedback. While I've looked at both of those networks before, we have never had a request for them. It's something we have on our investigation list, but I can't provide any timeline on when it would be added.
I hope that helps answer your questions, but if you need anything else, please let me know.
Thank you for these complete responses.
1 / I understand but I allow myself to answer because it is an important point. I am one of the people who don't like facebook very much (hence the search for alternatives :-) for connection and sharing!
It seems interesting to me to depend as little as possible on the modifications in the API fb. I thought about the possibility by clicking on any social network to have (if possible) a preliminary step to retrieve a typical message (linked to the page / content) and then at the step after connection to the socal network to inject the message (or suggest copy/paste if this is not possible by leaving a popup open?). It is often recommended by marketers to set up pre-filled messages to minimize the work of those who want to share.
2 / :-)
3 / I understand, 'is perhaps more important for SC login. It's just to avoid multiplying plugins. It should be native to joomla!
4 / and 5 / I hope this will be shared by other members and integrated in the future
1) The requests feature works by letting you set a predefined message and sending that to your users from the admin area or having your visitors on the front end invite their friend with the same predefined message. To make requests work though, your app must be in the 'Games' category as that is a limitation Facebook introduced a few years ago. Many sites will place themsleves into the 'Games' category for their app just to use the feature, but it also means Facebook can change the rules or your category at any time.
3) I'm unsure if you're saying social login or email as username functionality into Joomla. For social network integration, it adds a ton of support and continuous maintenance to keep things functional with all the possible social networks we integrate with. Putting that functionality into Joomla means a lot of support to a minority of users who would use it, which I think is why it hasn't been done. Regarding email for username, that's not something we plan to add in SCLogin. Our SCLogin module is mainly an improved interface for interacting with JFBConnect or Joomla's underlying login systems. SCLogin doesn't actually log anyone it, it just hands the user off to the com_users component or com_jfbconnect component, so if com_users doesn't support email as username, neither do we. Fortunately though, there are plugins out there that can allow email as username and the SCLogin module would use those just like normal.
4) Thanks for your suggestions. They're always appreciated as we look toward future feature integration.