The FB Rep posted.
We've added these actions back to the activity log. Also, if you request the 'explicitly_shared' capability in your Open Graph settings for the built-in action, they will be shared on the user's timeline as well. Sorry again for how poorly these changes were communicated. Thanks for your patience.
Status changed to Fixe
Now with that how do we make the read news action work? I'm totally confused now.
We posted a comment back in that thread asking for more clarification as well.
My guess is the following:
* Automatic news.reads actions will still show up in the user's own activity log.
* From there, it can go into their friends Ticker.
* Additionally, using the "Activity" plugin, on your site, you can display recent activity that user's have taken for a 'here's what's trending' type thing. (We'll be adding the Activity plugin in the 5.0 release, next'ish week)
The explicitly_shared parameter is something we don't currently set. That setting:
* Should only be set is if the user is intentionally clicking a button or doing some 'intentional' action that the user knows will be pushed onto their Timeline. An automatic read post wouldn't count.
* A button that says "Let your friends know you're reading this" would.
* If the explicitly_shared parameter is set, that will allow the post to appear on the user's Timeline in addition to the above other display areas.
This is still a bit of conjecture, but pretty sure it's accurate.
We'll be adding more support for button-type actions and definitely the explicitly_shared option in an upcoming release.
Hope that explains, and I hope we'll get more clarification soon.
I was searching a problem regarding OG actions being published from JFBConnect OG console. But the activity is not appearing on my timeline in the activity section.
Its weird because everything seems to be working.
1) Everything was working and tested about 2 months ago, so I submitted my APP to FB.
2) It is approved and live
3) In the JFB OG log, everything is working. My posts (as admin of Joomla and FB app) say published with no errors.
4) Other users who are registered status on FB get : "(#100) The action type video:Watch does not exist or is not approved, so app 162656343771338 can only publish to administrators, developers, and testers of the app. User 811662725 is not one of those roles."
5) I noticed in my OG section of FB app, the actions still have "submit" links. So I'm going through that process again, despite my app was approved. (not sure what was acutally approved then)
6) The weird thing is to provide the screenshots, before I could see the test activities being published on my FB timeline.
Now I dont even see activities on my timeline, but its "published" from JFB OG log. So I'm a bit confused as to whats happening , or how I can debug this.
Facebook recently changed how 'consumable' actions that post automatically are used. Instead of posting to a user's Timeline as they used to, they will only show in the ticker for friends and other social channels. They do not currently show in the Timeline any longer. For more information on the change, see:
From what I read on that bug report, they will be adding them to the Timeline again in the future, but in a less prominent way. However, it's a little confusing from their responses.
If your action isn't approved, I'd recommend submitting it to get it approved. It still has some social/promotional value, but it just won't show as prominently as it used to. Other actions, like voting for articles, joining groups, uploading photos, etc should still post to the Timeline. It's just the 'consumeable' actions (reading, watching, listening) that trigger automatically when simply viewing content, do not currently post to the Timeline.
Hope that helps explain,