The Meetup Application setup process is described below. These steps below should guide you through the entire process.
- Log into meetup.com.
- Navigate to https://secure.meetup.com/meetup_api/oauth_consumers/
- Click the 'Create New Consumer' button.
- Fill out the details for your website:
- Consumer Name - A title for your application. Your website title is a good example.
- Application Website - A link to the home page of your website, including http:// or https://
- Redirect URI - This can be a base URL to your page
- Agree to the terms of service
- Click 'Register Consumer' button
- Once the steps above are complete, you will see a list of OAuth Consumers. For the application you just created, you'll see a section like below with your application information:
- Use the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in the JFBConnect settings for Meetup Consumer Key and Meetup Consumer Secret. At this point, JFBConnect is ready for Meetup authentication.
If you'd like to use any meetup widgets, you'll also have to set a Widget API Key.
- Log into meetup.com
- Navigate to https://secure.meetup.com/meetup_api/key/.
- Click the Lock button to reveal your Widget API Key.
- Use the API Key in the JFBConnect settings for Meetup Widget API Key. At this point, JFBConnect is ready for Meetup widgets.