The Meetup Application setup process is described below. These steps below should guide you through the entire process.
Please note: Only subscribers to Meetup Pro can apply for new OAuth Applications.
- Log into meetup.com.
- Navigate to https://secure.meetup.com/meetup_api/oauth_consumers/
- Click the 'Create New Consumer' button.
- Fill out the details for your website:
- Consumer - A title for your application. Your website title is a good example.
- Application Website - A link to the home page of your website, including http:// or https://
- Redirect URL - This can be a base URL to your page
- Primary Reason and Use Cases - Select the appropriate options for your application.
- Full Description of Use Case - Provide a description of how you're planning on using the application.
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Agree to the terms of service
- Click 'Register Consumer' button
- Once the steps above are complete, you will see a list of OAuth Consumers. For the application you just created, you'll see a section like below with your application information:
- Use the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in the JFBConnect settings for Meetup Consumer Key and Meetup Consumer Secret. At this point, JFBConnect is ready for Meetup authentication.