• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

We've just released version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight which overhauls the Content plugin. In addition to selecting the layout view (Frontpage, Category Blog, Section Blog and Article), you can now specify which articles, sections and blogs to include or exclude the Like or Comment functionality from. The configuration for the Content Plugin has moved to the component area (instead of the plugin), so go to Components > JFBConnect > Social to set up the new options. Let us know if you have any more suggestions on how to improve this area further.

Thanks!

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect tonight which should fix the above issue of tags showing up on the Contact Page (even though it sounds like you worked around it earlier).

The new release pretty much overhauls the JFBCContent and JFBCSystem plugins and eliminates the need for the JFBCSocial plugin. There are tons of new options for configuring the Content plugin now and new social tags available for the System plugin. Check it out - there's lots of new bells and whistles to play with.

Apr-06-11 22:51:17
feature request to set Default extended permissions in backend

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect which allows for customizable permissions, in addition to the basic permission options already supported. To set this up, go to Components > JFBConnect > Configuration > Permissions. Here you can enter a comma-separated list of new permission values. We'll add those values to whatever permissions JFBConnect needs already. It should be just that simple, so please let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks!

Apr-06-11 22:48:41
How to not automatically enable users?

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect with admin approval of users. The setting is under Components > JFBConnect > Configuration and is called "Skip Joomla User Activation". Turn this setting to No to take advantage of the New User Account Activation setting in the Global Configuration area. Try it out and let us know if you have any issues or more suggestions. Thanks for your patience.

Apr-06-11 22:33:52
status updates are not working

Well better late than never! We've just released a new JFBConnect version 3.2 that allows you to import your Facebook status into JomSocial. To enable this in the backend, 1) Enable the "JFBConnect - Profiles - JomSocial" plugin from the Plugin Manager, 2) Go to Components > JFBConnect > Profile, and 3) Click on the JomSocial tab and set "Import Facebook Status" to Yes.

We've just released JFBConnect version 3.2. There are now settings in the Configuration "Status/Wall" tab to set a default image and URL for wall messages for new and returning users.  Coincidentally, we also added new OpenGraph settings under the Social configuration area. If you leave the new Status/Wall fields blank, the message will still be posted, but Facebook should try to determine the best values for these using these Open Graph settings.

Mar-28-11 11:14:29
Joomla compatability of SetMetadata

I just wanted to write a quick response. We're working on a new release of JFBConnect right now. After that, we're planning on updating our extensions as needed for Joomla 1.6. It may take a little while to get them all done, but the process will be started soon.

Mar-08-11 07:36:18
Won't install nor de-install

Ir looks like you already had a previous version of the plugin installed and either it did not uninstall or upgrade properly or you tried to delete the previous plugin files but did not remove the entry from the database. You will have to manually clean up the files on your server and database before installing again.

You can try to uninstall via the backend Install/Uninstall menu, but this won't work at this point.

To manually remove the plugin:
1. Delete the following files -  plugins/forcepasswordchange directory, plugins/forcepasswordchange.php, plugins/forcepasswordchange.xml and administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_forcepasswordchange.ini
2. In the database delete the entry in the jos_plugins table, there should be an entry with name 'System - Force Password Change'. Here's the SQL query I ran to do it:

Code:

DELETE from jos_plugins where element='forcepasswordchange' and folder='system';

Let me know if you still need help after trying these steps.

Feb-26-11 21:33:14
Need to modify the message after logging in.

I was actually already working on improving the greeting for the JFBCLogin module to be more similar to the core Login module, when Alex told me about this post.

The line of code to override (for mod_jfbclogin/tmpl/default.php) should now be:

Code:

echo JText::sprintf('WELCOME', $user->get('name'));

The language file (for en.GB_mod_jfbclogin.ini) will now be something like this:

Code:

WELCOME=Welcome %s,

For the greeting, the 3.2 release will update the greeting portion to 1) have an option to use username/name 2) show/hide the greeting and 3) make the login message more configurable like the core language file.

If you hadn't already figured it out, hope those snippets make it easier.

Feb-21-11 09:04:10
JFBCLike plugin not working

The tag you are using is incomplete. You need to say hideLikeButton=1. You have that value blank. When I changed the second tag to the following, it worked for me:

{JFBCLike buttonStyle=standard showFaces=1 width=450 verbToDisplay=like font=arial colorScheme=light url=http://www.nich.co.il/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1}{JFBCComments xid=content_1 width=550 numposts=10 hideLikeButton=1}

After investigating, it seems that Facebook does not have a way to specify URL or unique ID for the Like portion of the Comment Box. Also, by how they've designed it, it seems to operate separately from the comment portion, so there is no way to control the Like.

I put out a new release of the JFBComments module that allow you to hide the Like button in the Comments module. As a workaround, you can hide it and then also use the Like button or Fan box modules to add the Like functionality into your page with control for the URL. Just to note, with this new release the JFBCSocial module will need to be published for the Comments module to work.

If Facebook changes the functionality to allow what you're looking for, we'll update our modules, but until then, this is the only solution we've found.

I just wanted to point out to you that this issue should be fixed in the latest release of the JFBCSocial plugin that we released on Monday this week.

Nov-18-10 11:29:53

We also released a new JFBCContent plugin yesterday for adding Comments and Like functionality to your site's articles. In addition, we've released a new version of the JFBCSocial plugin as well, which is required for the content plugin to function. This version allows for adding the content to all articles; we're planning on allowing users to specify certain categories and sections in the future.

Nov-18-10 11:25:37
Topic: Error
Error on overview page, 3.0 verion

We released a new JFBCContent plugin yesterday for adding Comments and Like functionality to your site's articles. In addition, we've released a new version of the JFBCSocial plugin as well, which is required for the content plugin to function. This version of JFBCContent adds them to all articles, not specific sections and categories. We wanted to get something out sooner than later, so we'll be adding sections/categories to the next release.

Please download these and let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement going forward. Thanks!

We released a new JFBCContent plugin yesterday for adding Comments and Like functionality to your site's articles. In addition, we've released a new version of the JFBCSocial plugin as well, which is required for the content plugin to function. This version of JFBCContent adds them to all articles, not specific sections and categories. We wanted to get something out sooner than later, so we'll be adding sections/categories to the next release.

Please download these and let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement going forward. Thanks!

Nov-18-10 11:19:02
Commenst oper Joomla article, not for the whole site

We released a new JFBCContent plugin yesterday for adding Comments and Like functionality to your site's articles. In addition, we've released a new version of the JFBCSocial plugin as well, which is required for the content plugin to function. Again, we're sorry for the delay.  Please download these and let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement going forward. Thanks!

Nov-18-10 11:10:21
plugin for comments

We released a new JFBCContent plugin yesterday for adding Comments and Like functionality to your site's articles. In addition, we've released a new version of the JFBCSocial plugin as well, which is required for the content plugin to function. Again, we're sorry for the delay.  Please download these and let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement going forward. Thanks!

Oct-28-10 12:39:03
Thumbnail and description wrong when I 'Link' to website from Facebook

It seems that the link generated is an edit link to your article, which is very strange. If you're comfortable, can you PM us super-admin access to your site temporarily, so that we can look into it more?

Oct-28-10 11:25:06
Thumbnail and description wrong when I 'Link' to website from Facebook

A new version of the JFBCSocial plugin is available for download now.  It should fix the following issues:

1) We were not using the query string for non-SEF URL's for JFBCLike, so the URL was incorrectly always the base URL.
2) Also when using non-SEF URL's, we were incorrectly splitting up the passed in URL value for JFBCLike and the LinkToShare value for JFBCShare.

Please let us know if you continue to have any other problems with the URLs.

Oct-14-10 16:37:56

I've made the fix for the JFBCSocial plugin and a 3.0.2 version is now available for download. Let us know if you continue to have the same problems after updating to the new version.

From everything that I've read while investigating this issue, the ability to be able to post comments anonymously was a Facebook Application setting. I say 'was' because the option is no longer available in the Facebook settings. It used to reside under the Settings > Widget tab.  We don't see a difference between their code and ours for the comment module, so maybe it's possible that the demo page you mentioned above had the comments set up for anonymous comments when the option was available. Here's a long thread on the facebook developers forum regarding the comment boxes and it seems that a lot of people have the same issue - http://forum.developers.facebook.net/vi … 9&p=1. We'll keep investigating, but don't have a solution yet.

Sep-24-10 12:49:08
When using JFBConnect Login and JFBCShare together, only one works.

I forgot to mention - we also installed a new plugin "JFBCSystem" that fixes these types of issues which only occur on a small number of sites. We're planning on putting it out in a future release, so you have a test version on your site.

Sep-24-10 12:46:04
When using JFBConnect Login and JFBCShare together, only one works.

Changing the order in the Plugin Manager for the JFBCSocial plugin seemed to fix this. However, we're not really sure why this worked, so we'll have to investigate this further. Let us know if you have any more issues with it in the meantime.

-Melissa

Sep-23-10 12:20:08
When I log in via Facebook I get a blank page.

Thanks for checking out the Kunena fix for us! Also, I've added an item to our task list to investigate K2 integration.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
wetworks
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program