• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Oct-09-14 18:48:53
Category: JFBConnect

Sure, just send me a PM with the credentials and either Alex or I will look into it.

Oct-09-14 13:28:08
Installation Problems

T.J.

It looked like you were coming from an older version of JFBConnect (4.x) and there were some problems with the upgrade. Some of the plugins and libraries did not get installed properly. I was able to get the latest version successfully installed, so you shouldn't be seeing the fatal error anymore. A lot has changed since v4.x, so make sure you review all of our new configuration settings.

Thanks
-Melissa

David,

It looks like you're using a separate module (not SCLogin) to get the modal popup from the text links at the top of the page. Then you're embedding the SCLogin inside of that popup. You can see this happening by first clicking your 'Log In' link and then clicking the 'Log in' button on the modal. The SCLogin form with username and options appear now.

You have two options to fix this: 1) Set the SCLogin 'Login View Settings' to always visible instead of modal, and the login form should show up within the modal you have created or 2) Use the SCLogin module instead of your modal/and text links - for this, use the SCLogin 'Modal Style' text links option to get text links instead of buttons and 'Login View Settings' of modal.

-Melissa

Matt,

Just to clarify a point from Alex, if you follow the steps for switching the registration component to Joomla, you should still be able to have the profile fields imported from K2. Keep the Social Profiles - K2 plugin enabled, and set the 'Always Import Profile Data' and 'Import Avatar' settings to Yes. The profile data should still be imported into K2, but the user may not have the ability to edit the field data on registration. As always, test this out and let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-09-14 08:33:08

Please follow our guide here: https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … tion-setup

If you're still having trouble after following these steps, please let us know what specific issues you are having and we'll gladly try to help you out.

Thanks
-Melissa

Matt,

Right now we don't have the greatest way to do that from the backend component, but for now you can edit the following file to change the dimensions.

In components/com_jfbconnect/libraries/profile/facebook.php around line 214, you will see the following two lines of code where you can change the 300 to 800:

Code:

$width = $params->get('width', 300);

$height = $params->get('height', 300);

Please note, that not all Facebook profile pictures are going to be that large, so you may still get some pixelation, but this can get you closer. I will also put a task in for our next release to be able to set this easier from the backend, instead of needing to edit code.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-09-14 08:15:18

Ahh, I didn't realize that you were using K2. Instead of the 'Open Graph - Content' plugin that I mentioned, please enable the 'Open Graph - K2' and see if that helps.

Oct-09-14 08:12:18
No JFBConnect Profile plugins are currently enabled.

You will also need to enable the 'Social Profiles - JomSocial' plugin. After it is enabled, go back to JFBConnect > Profiles and the settings for the JomSocial import will then be displayed. Make sure to enable the Always Import Profile Data and Import Avatar settings for the avatar import.

This should get you going, but let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-08-14 19:33:20

Pinterest requires an image to be set for the article before the Pin It button is displayed. For JFBConnect to automatically detect an image on the page, please enable our "Open Graph - Content" plugin. The plugin will try to pull in an image from the article or its category, so make sure at least one of these has an image set.

Let us know if you need any further help if this doesn't fix your issue.

Thanks,
Melissa

Oct-06-14 17:02:16

Shaun,

Here's a quick overview of how to add posts to the SCSocialStream module:

To access the posts from a Twitter Stream, Facebook Page or Group, or LinkedIn Company Page, you will need an API key for those services, so you'll need to create an application for them. The API key is what's used to authenticate your site for posting to, or reading from, the streams. Make sure you have these configured properly in JFBConnect.

Once you have those, you need to setup the Channel in the admin area and authenticate with the right user on the front end. Full documentation on creating a channel (whether for posting to or reading from) can be found below:
https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … al-channel

After the channel is set up, then select them in the SCSocialStream module.

If you need more help going further, please let us know.
-Melissa Andreae

Ben,

From a quick look at your front-end, it looks like you've set the Position setting to "Float". This will float it to the side/top of your screen like I'm seeing on your page. Try switching the Position setting to the "Fixed". This will put it into the module position you specify.

If you do change your mind and want it to float, you can also change the margin, padding, and float position settings. You can see an example of it floated on sourcecoast.com

Let me know if you need further help going forward after trying this.

-Melissa Andreae

Oct-06-14 16:30:49
Installation Problems

Here are some quick things to try:
First, could you verify that the JFBCSystem plugin is enabled?
Second, please make sure that the "SourceCoast Extensions Library" version 3.2.2 is installed and enabled. If it's not, then try reinstalling JFBConnect.

Let me know how that goes and we can work from there.

-Melissa Andreae

Oct-03-14 09:35:10
JFBCFAN box module is not showing, only the tags

I just posted the new 6.2.2 version. Please let us know if you continue to have this issue after updating.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
-Melissa Andreae

Jun-17-13 09:21:25
Joomla 1.5 XML files are missing from the latest download

Hi there! We recently overhauled our website and left off the Version Verification Tool for Joomla 1.5. I have posted the last stable release for Joomla 1.5 on our site. Please use the following link to download the installation zip file: http://www.sourcecoast.com/index.php?op … Itemid=259

As is recommended by Joomla.org itself, we recommend you upgrade to Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.x. We no longer support Joomla 1.5 either, but have no problem providing our older tools for you. We hope they help!

My apologies. I forgot to mark the file as public. It should be fixed now. I blame it on lack of sleep - our baby boy still keeps us up all night current/smile

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now and available for download even if you're not logged in.

I posted a new release of Version Verification Tool which has added support for 2.5.7, 3.0.0 and 3.0.1. Sorry for the delay current/smile

Aug-22-12 14:30:18

Thanks for letting us know about the bug. I just checked in the change for the next release.

With version JFBConnect v4.2, we started using Transifex for our language translations and the bug was introduced there. If you'd be interested in seeing the translations before our releases come out and thus causing issues like this, feel free to create an account on transifex.com and request to be a translator for our JFBConnect project - https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/jfbconnect/. We'd love to have your contributions.

Thanks!
Melissa

Sorry to hear that; I hope your site is back up running smoothly again. Please let us know if you encounter the JS issue again and we can look into it further then.

Just checking back in for this issue - Which versions of JomSocial, Joomla and JLinked are you using? I am trying to reproduce this with JomSocial 2.6.0, Joomla 2.5.6 and JLinked 1.2.2. I was able to succesfully import the Date of Birth from LinkedIn into both a text field and a birthdate field in JomSocial with no problems.

Jul-24-12 15:45:09
need latest J 2.5.6 version

I just posted a new version for Joomla 2.5 which checks for 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. You should be able to download it from our extensions page: http://www.sourcecoast.com/free/free-product-overview

Sorry for the delay in response to this post; we've been busy working on getting new releases of JFBConnect and JLinked out. I've just uploaded new versions of Version Verification Tool and they should be available for download now. For Joomla 2.5, versions 2.5.0 through 2.5.4 are now supported. For Joomla 1.5, version 1.5.26 is now supported.

Sorry for the delay in response to this post; we've been busy working on getting new releases of JFBConnect and JLinked out. I've just uploaded new versions of Version Verification Tool and they should be available for download now. For Joomla 2.5, versions 2.5.0 through 2.5.4 are now supported. For Joomla 1.5, version 1.5.26 is now supported.

Mike,

I found the mistake in our code.. We attempt to strip the quote when we pull the og:description out of an existing metadescription, but I forgot to add it for other situations like this.

The following is a fix that should resolve your issue. Please try it out and let us know if you're still having problems. In plugins/system/jfbcsystem.php, around line 1477, please replace this block

Code:

if (strpos($headerGraphString, $graphName) === false || $graphName == 'og:image')
                return '<meta property="' . $graphName . '" content="' . $graphValue . '"/>' . $carriageReturn;

with this one

Code:

if (strpos($headerGraphString, $graphName) === false || $graphName == 'og:image')
            {
                $graphValue = str_replace('"', "'", $graphValue);
                return '<meta property="' . $graphName . '" content="' . $graphValue . '"/>' . $carriageReturn;
            }

Sorry again!
-Melissa

Feb-01-12 10:08:26
How to allign a custom set of plugin functions

This should be a simple fix. The CSS is properly included in 4.1.2 now. However, you will need to add a div around the tags, so they pick up the proper styles.

Update your content to be the following please:

Code:

<div class="scsocialbuttons">
{JFBCLike url=http://www.resultsrehab.com layout=standard show_faces=true show_send_button=true width=300 action=like font=verdana colorscheme=light}{SCTwitterShare url=http://www.resultsrehab.com data_count=horizontal}{SCGooglePlusOne url=http://www.resultsrehab.com annotation=bubble size=standard}{JLinkedShare url=http://www.healin4soul.com/jlinked/ counter=top}
</div>

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
romjat
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program