• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Sep-07-10 12:33:35
displaying comments to particular pages + Likes in Virtuemart

The new 3.0.0 release contains the changes for the two issues listed above:

JFBCLike - there is a new parameter for the "URL to like". If this value is blank, the current page will be used instead.
JFBCComments - the existing "Unique ID" parameter (renamed to Fixed Comment ID) acts a little bit differently in this release. If there is a value here, all pages using that module will show the same set of comments. If the value is blank, the module now generates an ID unique to the page (meaning the comments will be separate for each page).

Sep-07-10 11:41:10
I get an error when signing in about not importing the avatar

FYI - The new 3.0.0 fixes the image quality issue. Let us know if you continue to see this problem after upgrading.

Sep-07-10 11:39:56
Want to delete extra text

The new 3.0.0 release of the social modules fixes this issue with removing the text. Let us know if you continue to see this problem after upgrading.

FYI - the new 3.0.0 release of JFBCFan has the new parameter for page ID. This parameter is required now as the module will no longer hardcode the appID.

Unfortunately, we cannot add a height parameter to JFBCFan. Facebook only exposes the width as a parameter and not the height. If they add height in the future, we'll be sure to include it, but until then it won't be possible.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you play around with the other parameters in the module. For example, turning off the stream, header, and showing less connections will get a substantially smaller size module. You can easily test out customizing the values using this Facebook page: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref … /like-box.

Aug-31-10 08:26:16
I get an error when signing in about not importing the avatar

I think what Alex meant is to edit the getUserProfilePicUrl method (which is defined in Components/com_jfbconnect/libraries/facebook.php). This method should be defined around line 149 in facebook.php.

There is a new version of JFBCInvite module (version 2.6.0) that is now available that should fix some of the invite problems Alex mentioned above.

There is a new version of JFBCInvite module (version 2.6.0) that is now available that should fix some of the invite problems Alex mentioned above.

I just put up a new version of JFBConnect component v2.6.3 with the fix to allow for template overrides and a quick update to loginregister view to add id's/class names to some of the divs, etc.

Aug-23-10 16:03:54
Topic: Error
Error on overview page, 3.0 verion

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll add those two items into our bug/enhancement tracker. We're working on lots of updates for the next version, so we'll have to prioritize with the other issues we already have.

-Melissa

Aug-16-10 00:00:20

I can look into the connect URL issue tomorrow, but if you have it set up in the Facebook developer area, you should be good.

Also, I posted two new files in the JFBConnect bundle: JFBCShare module and JFBCSocial plugin. The JFBCShare module is similar to the other social modules, in that it allows you to add the share button in a module. The JFBCSocial plugin allows you to embed JFBCLike, JFBCComments, and JFBCShare functionality into page content.

I'll be adding this to documentation in the next few days, but to get started using plugin, use these tags in your content.

With default styling:
{JFBCLike}
{JFBCComments}
{JFBCShare}

With configurable styling:
{JFBCLike buttonStyle=standard showFaces=true width=500 verbToDisplay=like font=arial colorScheme=dark}
{JFBCComments xid=1 width=500 numposts=10}
{JFBCShare type=box_count linkToShare=http://www.sourcecoast.com}

Aug-14-10 15:03:08

Yes, that's possible.  I'm planning on creating/posting the plugins in the next few days. We don't have a share module, so I can also create that and a plugin too.

I think Alex has some plans to improve the login module and make a plugin so that it can be incorporated into other extensions easily.

Aug-13-10 18:58:41
Topic: frames
new version of login breaks my frame

Can you give us a website link to view this problem? We're not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks
-Melissa

Aug-13-10 18:39:39

fb_1472516277 wrote:

Problem: if a registred user in my joomla site want to login I have this error: "Fatal error: Class 'JFBConnectFacebook' not found in /home/mhd-01/www.basketsovizzo.it/htdocs/components/com_jfbconnect/controllers/loginregister.php on line 91"

In addition to Alex's fix for this, one more line of code in /com_jfbconnect/controllers/loginregister.php line 94 needs to be changed:
$rawFbUserId = $fbClient->getUserId(FALSE);

We plan on releasing an RC2 version in the next few days; this fix will also be included.

-Melissa

Aug-13-10 17:41:51

I've posted new RC2 versions of the following modules: JFBCLike, JFBCFan, JFBCFeed, JFBCLiveStream, JFBCComments, JFBCRecommendations. These will no longer require the user to log in before seeing the modules. The only social module that still requires it is JFBCFriends, because the iFrame code coming back from Facebook without being logged in is pretty unusable/can't easily log in.

I'll be working on the other issues tonight/this weekend.

-Melissa

Jun-15-10 18:31:40
Is it possible to NOT log out of facebook automatically?

We just put up a new build of the JFBCLogin module (v2.6.1) that tries to address this issue, but we couldn't do exactly what you wanted regarding the log out.

Two changes were included:
1. If the user logs out of Joomla but is logged into Facebook with a different user (which is not mapped to the Joomla account), previous versions of JFBCLogin would still log the user out of Facebook. This bug has been fixed (They'll remain logged into FB when logging out of Joomla)
2. There is a new module parameter for "Log out of Joomla Only". This really only applies to the case where the Joomla user and the Facebook user match - as in your example above. If the option is set to Yes, then when the user logs out of Joomla, they will remain logged into Facebook. If set to No, they will be logged out of both. While this isn't an exact match to what you wanted, it's the best we can do. There's no way to tell how the user originally logged in to decide 'where' to log them out of.

These options should give you what you were originally looking for though.  As always, let us know what you think!

-Melissa

Jun-15-10 18:16:19
as a new user register a worng confirmation code is sent

Regarding the confirmation code:

I just put up a new build of the JFBConnect component (v2.6.1) that should address the issue with the missing confirmation code.

To make the activation work, you will need to go into the Community Builder Integration tab of JFBConnect component and set "Skip CB Activation" to No. By default, it is set to Yes. When set to No and email activations are enabled in CB, then the email will be sent correctly with a confirmation code now. When the option is set to Yes, we'll skip the activation and automatically activate the account.

The reason we wanted to have both options is because Community Builder doesn't process an activation if a user is logged in already. Since the user is automatically logged into the site with their Facebook credentials (one of the main benefits of JFBConnect), it may be confusing if the user tries to click on the email link while already logged in. We didn't want to mess with CB code, so that's why we're providing both options.

I just put up a new build of the JFBConnect component (v2.6.1) that should address the issue with the missing confirmation code.

To make the activation work, you will need to go into the Community Builder Integration tab of JFBConnect component and set "Skip CB Activation" to No. By default, it is set to Yes. When set to No and email activations are enabled in CB, then the email will be sent correctly with a confirmation code now. When the option is set to Yes, we'll skip the activation and automatically activate the account.

The reason we wanted to have both options is because Community Builder doesn't process an activation if a user is logged in already. Since the user is automatically logged into the site with their Facebook credentials (one of the main benefits of JFBConnect), it may be confusing if the user tries to click on the email link while already logged in. We didn't want to mess with CB code, so that's why we're providing both options.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
kafeti
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
MeggCargy
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program