• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Could you PM site credentials to Alex so we can take a look? We're having a hard time reproducing this issue on our test site.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-14-14 20:31:15
Problems with K2 frontend editor and social bar
Category: JFBConnect

Sorry about the delayed response to this. It looks like our social toolbar could be a little more discriminating about where it shows. Please make the following edit to our files which will fix the issue.

Edit the /components/com_jfbconnect/libraries/toolbar.php file. Around line 19, you'll see:

Code:

$this->enabled = !JFactory::getUser()->guest && JFBCFactory::config()->get('social_toolbar_enable') &&

JFactory::getUser()->authorise('jfbconnect.channels.post', 'com_jfbconnect');

Update that so it looks like:

Code:

$this->enabled = !JFactory::getUser()->guest && JFBCFactory::config()->get('social_toolbar_enable') &&

JFactory::getUser()->authorise('jfbconnect.channels.post', 'com_jfbconnect') &&
                JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('tmpl') != "component";

Please note the remove of the ; and addition of && at the end of the 2nd line and, of course, the whole new 3rd line.

We plan to put this in the next release, but would love to hear your feedback on if it fixes things first as well.

Thanks!
-Melissa

The test that I mentioned above that I performed for setting the size to 800x800 was not on sourcecoast.com, but on a test site on my localhost. If you're referring to my profile image on the sc forums, that was imported from LinkedIn, not Facebook, and the original size was small (like 200x200).

You should be able to edit the language files for mod_sclogin to update the placeholder text. The key you're looking for is MOD_SCLOGIN_USERNAME

-Melissa

Oct-14-14 15:42:01

If you resend your site credentials in a PM, we can log in and create a test channel to try to reproduce your issue.

We've submitted a bug to Facebook about the first comment on the page not firing the notification. You can follow the status here by clicking subscribe on the following page: https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/587981444640952/

Facebook doesn't notify us in any way whether the 'Also post on Facebook' setting is enabled, and there's no way for us to detect this.

There is not a notification trigger available for Facebook Share. However, we do support awarding points for Facebook Likes.

To update JFBConnect:
1. Login here at sourcecoast.com with your same account (B5 Marketing) and repurchase the JFBConnect extension.
2. In the backend configuration of JFBConnect on your site, you will not have to change your subscription ID.
3. Then in your backend, go to the Joomla Update Manager and find updates. You should just be able to update JFBConnect from there.

Application setup guides for all of our supported social networks can be found here:
https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … lications/

-Melissa

So here's the exact behavior I am seeing from my tests:

1. The first time a comment is made on the page and if the 'Also post on Facebook' is checked, we are not getting the notification that the comment was created. Also, the comment doesn't show up on the page until you refresh.
2. If the that setting was unchecked for the first time the comment is made on the page, we will get the notification and the points will be awarded.
3. Any subsequent comments (whether the setting is checked or not), we will also receive the notification and the points will be awarded.

So, it seems to only be on the first comment, but I'll keep looking into it.

We've also seen the strange behavior of not getting points depending on whether the 'Also post on Facebook' option is selected and are looking into it. Facebook notifies JFBConnect when a comment has been made, and we're not being notified in this case. Therefore, we think it's probably a Facebook bug right now.

-Melissa

Oct-14-14 10:22:50
Custom imaged worked up to 6.2.2.

Do you mean the {SCOpenGraph image=...} does not work? Could you provide some more details so we can help further?

Thanks
-Melissa

I just wanted to note that I've added this to our issue tracker so we can investigate further for upcoming releases.
-Melissa

Oct-14-14 10:09:31
Cant see Download now button

I see from our download logs that you were able to download the 6.2.2 file, so if you're still having trouble, please let us know.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-14-14 10:05:52

I would then suggest logging onto facebook.com with that user. Go into your user's Settings > Apps area and remove your application from the list. Log into your site again from the front-end to reauthorize and we'll see if the permission request comes up this time.

Yeah, that would be a problem with infinite scroll. The issue is fixable with a little bit of Javascript to keep telling Facebook to parse the tags on the page (and other social networks). However, that will cause a performance hit due to a huge number of sharing buttons on the page and extra Javascript to keep parsing them all out.

We'd honestly recommend only using the sharing features on the destination article and keep the infinite scroll view as clean, and snappy, as possible.

-Melissa

This is not something that we currently support in JFBConnect but we have plans to investigate this for future releases. The Facebook API does allow you to fetch photos and we can provide you some code snippets to get you started, but you'll need a developer to implement it fully.

-Melissa

In the backend for the SCLogin module under the "Logout View Settings" tab, make sure you have set the 'Joomla Logout Redirection URL' option properly. This should be all that you need to do for redirecting to the home page on the logout button click. However, if you're still having issues after doing this, please let us know.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-14-14 09:29:46

Adriano,

You should be able to edit this through Facebook on developers.facebook.com. Open your app and go to the Open Graph tab. Open the item from the "Stories" list that you're configuring. From there, you should be able to edit the tenses or the specific cases (one to one, one to many, etc) to have the correct grammar.

Thanks
-Melissa

You should just need to be a member of the group to be able to retrieve a feed for a Facebook Group. However, there are privacy considerations for each group that may limit who can see posts and not all posts may be meant to be publicly displayed on your site.

-Melissa

Your user has authenticated on the front-end, but you will need additional permissions to be able to post.

Please see our channel configuration guide at https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … al-channel for how to resolve this error on the front-end and then how to finish the channel setup after the permissions have been approved.

Oct-13-14 10:05:20
Hard time integrating JomSocial 3 and JFBConnect to sync

What specific version of JomSocial are you using? We will have to investigate this further.

Adriano,

The action appears to have been logged by Facebook correctly. As with any news feed post, Facebook determines its relevance to the viewer and how it should be displayed. There are many ways that an action can be displayed, including the timeline, friend ticker and friends' feeds. As long as the action is showing up in the latest activity, your action seems to be configured correctly. How it is viewed is not something we can control.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-13-14 09:43:05

T.J.

In the backend, in JFBConnect > UserMap, please verify that the user you are logging in with has a Joomla User mapped to a Facebook account. 1) If not, you will need to log in with the Joomla user, then click the connect with Facebook button. 2) If there is a mapping, make sure that when you are logging in on the front end, you are logging in with the Facebook button, and not the Joomla username/password in the form. Let us know if you still have issues after verifying this.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-13-14 09:37:13

After logging into your site, I see that you have not authenticated your channel owner on the front-end for either Twitter or LinkedIn. (In JFBConnect > UserMap, there are no entries and also when you open the LinkedIn channel in the backend, the error message 'The selected user has not authenticated with LinkedIn' shows up).

From the front-end, you will need to log in with your user and then connect to both LinkedIn and Twitter to get the streams to be able to show up. Once you have authenticated with these, please open up the channels in the backend to make sure there are no further errors listed. If there are, please refer to the channel configuration setup guide again to see how to resolve them - https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … l-channel.

Thanks
-Melissa

That's strange. I made the same change on my site and the picture that came in looked fine with no pixelation. Here are some things to try:

1) Verify in Facebook that your profile picture actually has dimensions that are 800x800 or greater. If not, upload a newer higher-res picture to test with.
2) In Components > JFBConnect > Configuration > General Tab, set the 'Cache Duration' to 0.
3) On Components > JFBConnect > Profiles > K2 tab, set 'Always Import Profile Data' and 'Import Avatar' to yes.
4) Log out on your front end and re-login with the Facebook account you're testing with.
5) Re-check the K2 item on the front-end and see if the avatar looks ok.

Oct-09-14 19:24:09
Error displayed each time a user login

Could you check that 1) the pic_tmp.jpg file actually exists and 2) the directory it's being copied to (home/ysirios/public_html/images/avatar) exists and has the correct write permissions?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
alex01
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
todd.harrison, mel
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program