• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Dec-07-11 09:47:50
module configuration settings

The quickest way to find the ID is to look up the company on the LinkedIn website. The URL that comes back contains the company ID. For example, searching for SourceCoast Web Development returns to the URL http://www.linkedin.com/company/365848?trk=tyah. Our company ID is 365848.

Sorry for the confusion. We already have an issue in our tracker for an upcoming release to try to make it clearer/improve this parameter.

Dec-06-11 19:30:08
"Login With LinkedIn" simply reloads page ???

Thanks for the feedback. We're always looking to improve our error messages and have added this task to our tracker for an upcoming release. Thanks!

Dec-05-11 18:28:52

After logging into your site, it appears that the problem is that curl is not enabled. Specifically, when trying to perform the request token call to LinkedIn, we receive the following error "Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in <path to JLinked file>". You'll need to enable curl for any communication to LinkedIn to work properly.

Dec-05-11 17:15:06

You can also try turning on the 'LinkedIn Display Errors on Front-end' setting in the JLinked configuration area and also make sure that the JLinked User plugin is enabled.

If you want to private message the details for your website, hit the arrow under my avatar and click the mail icon.

Dec-05-11 16:56:59

When you first tried to login, were you redirected to a LinkedIn Login where you had to approve the application for your site? This could be an indication that the application is not set up correctly.

First, try to turn off caching on your site (in Global Configuration and the System-Cache plugin if it is enabled). Second, disable any JLinkedProfile plugins you may have enabled. Then try again. If these don't help with the issue, you can PM the credentials for your site if you want us to login and try to help narrow down the issue more quickly.

Are you using any other third party extensions, such as Community Builder or JomSocial, that may also manage the user's password? The reason I ask is because in Joomla 1.5, there is no specific change password page, just the my details page where the user can change their password.

This is also now fixed in the code and will be available in the next release. If you'd like instructions to manually fix it in the meantime, please let us know. Thanks!

Thanks for pointing this out. I've fixed it in the JLinked code and it will be available in the next release. If you'd like instructions on how to manually fix it yourself, please let us know.

Sep-07-11 13:02:22
Likes in K2 category views problem

I made a quick change on your site, so the tag views should now be working too.

I'm pretty sure the fact that some of these url's seem to have been generated with SH404 is where the issue lies. All of our development and automated testing is without SH404 - the changes I've been making on your site to determine which view we're in (latest, tag, category, item) are to add in checks for what SH404 is supplying instead of Joomla.

Of course, please let us know if you see this problem again on other subpages pop up and it should be a pretty easy fix.

Sep-07-11 10:20:03
Manually placed JFBCLike tag in K2 pulls in wrong image into Facebook

That description comes from the meta description of the page that's being liked. JFBConnect tries to strip out any facebook tags from this description, and I suspect that the logic could be smarter to replace more text from the article.

Could you send me a link to the page you're seeing this on so that I can look at the page source to confirm this is the problem?

Sep-06-11 21:29:45
Likes in K2 category views problem

Claes,

We fixed the issue on most of your pages. The reason was that some of the K2 url's your site was generating had task=category, whereas we've always been looking for layout=category. We've never seen this before, but it seems valid, so we updated our code to work with those URL's. Can you tell us how those pages are reached through the menus, just so we can see how those links were created in order to test better in the future?

One item that we were not able to fix immediately is the start blog view, as 3.4.1 currently does not support the K2 Latest Item menu type. I'm in the process of adding this feature to 4.0.

Please test the changes to your category pages and let us know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,
-Melissa

Sep-05-11 10:45:32

I've checked the code fix in already and we're planning a new release towards the end of this week hopefully. In the meantime, the change is very simple, so if you'd like to manually update the code yourself, you can edit the following in plugins/content/jfbcontent.php, around line 228:

Change

Code:

if ($socialGraphEnabled == "1" && $socialGraphFirstImage == "1" && $view == 'article')

to

Code:

if ($socialGraphEnabled == "1" && $socialGraphFirstImage == "1" && ($view == 'article' || $view == 'item'))

If you do the change and have any issues with it, please let us know. We'll be doing more extensive testing this week before the release.

Thanks!

Aug-21-11 12:39:53

Thomas, I've added a task for the next release to look into getting the first image to work for K2.

Aug-12-11 13:15:16
My text is "bolded" when I have the comments enabled in K2 item

I just uploaded a new release of 3.4.1 that should fix this issue. If you continue to encounter the problem after upgrading, please let us know.

Aug-11-11 08:29:01
Yes/no?

We plan to do this in the future, but currently do not have a timeframe for upgrading our other extensions to Joomla 1.6 and 1.7.

We know you've been waiting awhile on this and we want to get you fixed up as soon as possible.  Can you PM Alex or myself temporary site credentials and we'll see if we can get you up and running?

Jun-21-11 20:50:38
Issues with proper activation apparently related to mapping

Just wanted to note that version 3.2.2 of JFBConnect fixes the Terms of Service issue.

We also have a workaround for the Required Fields that you can do until our next version comes out. Please see the following link on how to manually fix this bug for the current version - http://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/d … ty-builder

We are aware of the Required Fields issue and have a workaround that you can do until our next version comes out. Please see the following link on how to manually fix this bug for the current version - http://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/d … ty-builder

Yes, the version displayed in the Overview panel was incorrect. I forgot to update the available version on our server when I put out the release, but it should be corrected now. Sorry for the confusion.

Jun-21-11 19:21:19
How to get the comment box/Like button into featured articles autom.?
Category: JFBConnect

Could you try temporarily turning off any plugins that are enabled that might be modifying the articles? For instance, it looks like yvbbcode and yvsmiley are enabled and these both replace text on the page. This could break the insertion of text into the articles.

Jun-20-11 21:53:25
How to get the comment box/Like button into featured articles autom.?

We cannot reproduce this issue on our test sites. Can you verify that you are using the "Featured Articles" menu type for your home page menu item? If you are, can you please post or PM a link to your site so we can see what's happening?

Strange. I cannot reproduce this on our test sites and this is something that is working fine in our automated test suite. Can you PM Alex or myself credentials for your site?

Jun-09-11 08:05:10
New version corrupted labels and translations
Jun-08-11 12:04:35
New version corrupted labels and translations

The language key names have changed in JFBConnect v3.2.2. These changes were meant to make the Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6 strings the same for easy development and migration.  For instance, the previous key of "Login Using Facebook" is now "COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN_USING_FACEBOOK". This is causing both of the problems above:

1. sedes - I found that the es-ES.com_jfbconnect.ini file that we released has a bug in it. The first key should be COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN_USING_FACEBOOK, but is COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN USING FACEBOOK. (missing some of the underscores). Can you updated this key and see if it fixes your issue?

2. Niccolò - we do not include an Italian com_jfbconnect.ini file in the installation. I logged into your http://test.alkemica.net and there was already a file there (that I am assuming you made yourself?) but it had the older language keys. I renamed the file you had and added a new language file for 3.2.2. This fixed the problem on your test site. If you're interested, feel free to contribute the file back to us once you've finalized the language strings - we'll include it in the next release.

Yep, that's a bug it seems I introduced in this version when I was update language string names. The above code is the correct fix to get the language string - I am checking it in for the next version.

Jun-01-11 12:23:36
Redirection after login not working

You've found a bug in our code. It's due to a subtlety of Joomla that I missed when I was updating JFBConnect to work with 1.6.  Below is a temporary code fix you can use until we put the next release out (which should be relatively soon).

In modules/mod_jfbclogin/helper.php around line 30, replace

Code:

$menu = JSite::getMenu();
$item = $menu->getItem($itemId);
if ($item)
   $url = $item->link . '&Itemid=' . $itemId;

with

Code:

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$router = $app->getRouter();

$db = JFactory::getDbo();
//Derived from mod_login Joomla 1.6, but modified to be backwards compatible with 1.5
$query = "SELECT link FROM #__menu WHERE published=1 AND id=".$db->quote($itemId);
$db->setQuery($query);
if ($link = $db->loadResult())
{
    if ($router->getMode() == JROUTER_MODE_SEF)
    {
        $url = 'index.php?Itemid=' . $itemId;
    }
    else
    {
        $url = $link . '&Itemid=' . $itemId;
    }
}

This was tested on my localhost with Joomla 1.6.3

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
scottrobins
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program