• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Jun-21-11 19:21:19
How to get the comment box/Like button into featured articles autom.?
Category: JFBConnect

Could you try temporarily turning off any plugins that are enabled that might be modifying the articles? For instance, it looks like yvbbcode and yvsmiley are enabled and these both replace text on the page. This could break the insertion of text into the articles.

Jun-20-11 21:53:25
How to get the comment box/Like button into featured articles autom.?

We cannot reproduce this issue on our test sites. Can you verify that you are using the "Featured Articles" menu type for your home page menu item? If you are, can you please post or PM a link to your site so we can see what's happening?

Strange. I cannot reproduce this on our test sites and this is something that is working fine in our automated test suite. Can you PM Alex or myself credentials for your site?

Jun-09-11 08:05:10
New version corrupted labels and translations
Jun-08-11 12:04:35
New version corrupted labels and translations

The language key names have changed in JFBConnect v3.2.2. These changes were meant to make the Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6 strings the same for easy development and migration.  For instance, the previous key of "Login Using Facebook" is now "COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN_USING_FACEBOOK". This is causing both of the problems above:

1. sedes - I found that the es-ES.com_jfbconnect.ini file that we released has a bug in it. The first key should be COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN_USING_FACEBOOK, but is COM_JFBCONNECT_LOGIN USING FACEBOOK. (missing some of the underscores). Can you updated this key and see if it fixes your issue?

2. Niccolò - we do not include an Italian com_jfbconnect.ini file in the installation. I logged into your http://test.alkemica.net and there was already a file there (that I am assuming you made yourself?) but it had the older language keys. I renamed the file you had and added a new language file for 3.2.2. This fixed the problem on your test site. If you're interested, feel free to contribute the file back to us once you've finalized the language strings - we'll include it in the next release.

Yep, that's a bug it seems I introduced in this version when I was update language string names. The above code is the correct fix to get the language string - I am checking it in for the next version.

Jun-01-11 12:23:36
Redirection after login not working

You've found a bug in our code. It's due to a subtlety of Joomla that I missed when I was updating JFBConnect to work with 1.6.  Below is a temporary code fix you can use until we put the next release out (which should be relatively soon).

In modules/mod_jfbclogin/helper.php around line 30, replace

Code:

$menu = JSite::getMenu();
$item = $menu->getItem($itemId);
if ($item)
   $url = $item->link . '&Itemid=' . $itemId;

with

Code:

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$router = $app->getRouter();

$db = JFactory::getDbo();
//Derived from mod_login Joomla 1.6, but modified to be backwards compatible with 1.5
$query = "SELECT link FROM #__menu WHERE published=1 AND id=".$db->quote($itemId);
$db->setQuery($query);
if ($link = $db->loadResult())
{
    if ($router->getMode() == JROUTER_MODE_SEF)
    {
        $url = 'index.php?Itemid=' . $itemId;
    }
    else
    {
        $url = $link . '&Itemid=' . $itemId;
    }
}

This was tested on my localhost with Joomla 1.6.3

Jun-01-11 10:29:26
Question

We do not have a version for Joomla 1.6 and are not currently in development for it. We may do it in the future, but have no timeframe for this.

May-30-11 10:43:14
I would like different/fewer fields in the password change window.

The Force Password Change plugin simply redirects you to the user's Joomla profile in com_user. The links would need to be changed there in the Joomla core and is unrelated to Force Password Change.

May-13-11 13:58:58
Missing profile?

The new profile plugins zip file is available for download now in your My Subscriptions area. It includes Kunena, CB and JomSocial.

May-13-11 13:08:45
Missing profile?

Just wanted to give you an update - The plugin code is updated and I'm running it against our automated tests for Kunena 1.6.4 right now. This new version of Kunena is looking much better for me and more useable. I expect to post the plugin file this afternoon shortly.

Here's a little post to add to the excitement - Now that JFBConnect version 3.2 is out, we're really focused full-time on the next release of JFBC to support 1.6!

From the development side - This is the first extension we're updating for 1.6, so there's been a few small hiccups but things are going pretty smoothly now. Once we think we have most of the changes in, I have a kickass set of Selenium tests (automated tests) to barrage it with to make sure the functionality from v3.2 is still working. As development progresses more, we'll provide an ETA for the next release date.

We're excited that we'll be releasing a feature compatible release, not some stripped down version, and things are looking good so far!

http://www.sourcecoast.com/components/com_agora/img/members/5/joomla1-6.png

Apr-14-11 10:05:57
Not authorized to download file

Whoops! This should be public now. Let me know if you have problems getting it now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Apr-06-11 23:32:01
JFB Connect overview

Just wanted to point out that we just had a new release of JFBConnect 3.2 out tonight that should fix this issue. Give it a try and let us know if you have any issues with it.

Apr-06-11 23:28:40
Displaying real name (from FB) vs username

Easy enough. We just released a new version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight. The JFBCLogin module now has a setting for the greeting to use Username or Full Name. Let us know if you have any issues with the new version.

Apr-06-11 23:26:49
Like button posts wrong info to facebook

We've just released a new version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight that adds capabilities to set up the Open Graph settings. You can set up the properties in Components > JFBConnect > Social > Open Graph. There are several ways to get the properties set: 1) using the {JFBCGraph} tags, 2) in the configuration area and 3) allowing JFBConnect to figure some of the required values out from the page title, description and url. Check out the configuration area for more details and examples.

Apr-06-11 23:26:03
Manually placed JFBCLike tag in K2 pulls in wrong image into Facebook

We've just released a new version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight that adds capabilities to set up the Open Graph settings. You can set up the properties in Components > JFBConnect > Social > Open Graph. There are several ways to get the properties set: 1) using the {JFBCGraph} tags, 2) in the configuration area and 3) allowing JFBConnect to figure some of the required values out. Check out the configuration area for more details and examples.

We've just released a new version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight. This release adds the middle name field. It also uses the Full Name from Facebook (which takes advantage of the Full Name Appears As field) instead of just using first name + last name. Unless you want to pull in middle name separately, you should just have to install the new component and plugins to get this update.

FYI - We still have the gender import in our list of to-do items. It unfortunately did not get done in this release as we've added a ton of other features.

FYI - We've just released a new version of JFBConnect tonight that makes setting up the Language Locale simpler. Simply go to Components > JFBConnect > Configuration > Facebook API and set your locale for the "Facebook Language Locale" setting. You'll no longer need to hack the JFBCSystem plugin to set this up.

Thanks!

Apr-06-11 23:10:34
Tags aren't visible because JFBC is installed on your site.

This issue has been fixed in the new version 3.2 of JFBConnect. In the backend, you will set up the "Social Tag Admin Key" (located under Components > JFBConnect > Social > Misc). Any tags in brackets will need to have this key included to be rendered. For example, if you set your key to 1234, then the tag would look something like {JFBCFeed key=1234} to be rendered correctly. Any tag with an incorrect key or no key will not be rendered. (Pretty much as Alex described above). Check it out and let us know if you have any issues with it.

We've just released version 3.2 of JFBConnect tonight which overhauls the Content plugin. In addition to selecting the layout view (Frontpage, Category Blog, Section Blog and Article), you can now specify which articles, sections and blogs to include or exclude the Like or Comment functionality from. The configuration for the Content Plugin has moved to the component area (instead of the plugin), so go to Components > JFBConnect > Social to set up the new options. Let us know if you have any more suggestions on how to improve this area further.

Thanks!

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect tonight which should fix the above issue of tags showing up on the Contact Page (even though it sounds like you worked around it earlier).

The new release pretty much overhauls the JFBCContent and JFBCSystem plugins and eliminates the need for the JFBCSocial plugin. There are tons of new options for configuring the Content plugin now and new social tags available for the System plugin. Check it out - there's lots of new bells and whistles to play with.

Apr-06-11 22:51:17
feature request to set Default extended permissions in backend

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect which allows for customizable permissions, in addition to the basic permission options already supported. To set this up, go to Components > JFBConnect > Configuration > Permissions. Here you can enter a comma-separated list of new permission values. We'll add those values to whatever permissions JFBConnect needs already. It should be just that simple, so please let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks!

Apr-06-11 22:48:41
How to not automatically enable users?

We've just released a new version of JFBConnect with admin approval of users. The setting is under Components > JFBConnect > Configuration and is called "Skip Joomla User Activation". Turn this setting to No to take advantage of the New User Account Activation setting in the Global Configuration area. Try it out and let us know if you have any issues or more suggestions. Thanks for your patience.

Apr-06-11 22:33:52
status updates are not working

Well better late than never! We've just released a new JFBConnect version 3.2 that allows you to import your Facebook status into JomSocial. To enable this in the backend, 1) Enable the "JFBConnect - Profiles - JomSocial" plugin from the Plugin Manager, 2) Go to Components > JFBConnect > Profile, and 3) Click on the JomSocial tab and set "Import Facebook Status" to Yes.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
kafeti
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program