• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Oct-20-14 12:12:15
Kunena Avatar not updating
Category: JFBConnect

Yes, it would be ok to leave the cache duration set to zero (or even a low number if you'd prefer). We provide the option to improve performance when numerous requests are being made to the social networks, like from our Social Stream module.

After testing on your site, I was able to reproduce and fix the issue on my local test site.

In /plugins/socialprofiles/jomsocial/jomsocial.php around line 330, you should see the following line:

Code:

$values[$data['id']] = $value;

Please replace it with:

Code:

$values[$data['id']] = strval($value);

Please let me know if you still have issues after this change has been made.

Thanks
-Melissa

Can you PM your site credentials so I can take a look?

Oct-20-14 08:47:32
Confusing view when logging into website

Rich,

I went to your site and when I clicked the Login with Facebook button, I saw your desired behavior where the background was slightly transparent. Then when I re-logged in with the user I created, the background was transparent in that case too. Your page was probably cached, so can you look at it again please?

-Melissa

Oct-20-14 08:39:28
Facebook loggin pop up loader not working on login.

I am a little unclear with what you mean by 'Facebook Login Loader'. Do you mean our popup that shows 'You are now being logged in with your Facebook credentials'? If so, please verify that the 'Show Login Credentials in popup' option is also set to Yes. If this is set to No, it redirects to a Facebook server and we won't be able to show the popup.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-20-14 08:34:25
Problems with new users trying to login

Tim,

Please PM Alex or myself with your site credentials and we can take a look. However, since turning on error reporting is not showing any details, without access to the error logs, it may be difficult to diagnose the problem.

-Melissa

Oct-20-14 08:29:55
Topic: google +
Google + not working

The redirect URI set in your project is incorrect.

Please see our Google application setup guide at https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … tion-setup and make sure to update your redirect URI according to step 7.4.

Thanks
-Melissa

When this happens, it usually means that some other extension or plugin is trying to redirect the user after a successful registration. Please check your 'user', 'authentication' and 'system' plugin groups for any extensions that may be redirecting the user.

Thanks
-Melissa

JV,

We currently don't have an explicit option to turn off the social network login buttons in SCLogin currently, so here are our suggestions:
1. Instead of SCLogin, use the standard Joomla login module for login/registration purposes.
2. If you like some of the additional features of SCLogin and still want to use it instead of the Joomla Login module, you can go to the 'Social Button Settings' parameters section in SCLogin and set the 'Providers' field to a provider you have not configured with an API/Secret Key. For example, 'github' or 'vk'. Then no social buttons will appear. While not a perfect solution, it accomplishes what you want in the module. When you leave this parameter blank, we display buttons for all of the providers.

Also, in the JFBConnect Configuration > General > Login/Logout area, make sure to set the 'Integrate into Joomla Login' option to None.

If you still have more questions going forward, please let us know.

Thanks
-Melissa

I'm a little unclear on what you're referring to. If you mean that after a user has logged in, we show their email address on the page in the greeting, like 'Welcome [email protected]', there is a setting to change the greeting to use the Real Name instead of the Username. Go to SCLogin > Logout View Settings and update the Greetings option for this.

If this is not the issue you're facing, could you provide more details, step by step on how to reproduce or attach a screenshot and I'd be happy to help further.

Thanks,
Melissa

Oct-20-14 07:59:34
Kunena Avatar not updating

First, make sure that the 'Import Avatar' setting is enabled. Second, in JFBConnect configuration > General > Advanced, set the Cache Duration to 0, to make sure the image is not being cached. Let me know if you still have issues after trying this.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-17-14 10:25:39
Custom imaged worked up to 6.2.2.

After looking at your page, I turned off Gzip Page Compression in the Global Configuration area. There is a known issue with Joomla 3.x - the Facebook Open Graph Debugger and certain server configurations can prevent Facebook from scanning your page. We recommend leaving this setting disabled since your site is affected.

Please verify that the Open Graph tags are now being displayed correctly in Facebook when you share your items. It may take a few days for Facebook to rescan all of your pages. You can also do this manually for pages you are testing at our site http://socialdebug.com or Facebook's Open Graph Debugger at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/ (using the Fetch New Scrape Information button)

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks,
Melissa

No, you can't do it dynamically using an object in the admin area since each page will be different and your PHP may not work on all pages.

If you're trying to add a dynamic image to an extension, we'd recommend you include the above Open Graph Easy Tag in the layout file of the extension itself, not your template file. Once you do that, you'd only have to set the tag once and not within each template. Depending on the component, you could even add the tag to a spot within the view.html.php files, which render the layout files.

I hope that helps explain,

Oct-17-14 09:13:41
Custom imaged worked up to 6.2.2.

I'm not having problems with this on my test site. Can you PM us site credentials so we can take a look?

-Melissa

Oct-17-14 08:28:52
Cant see Download now button

Ahh, the JFBConnect zip is actually the only file available for download. SourceCoast Extension Packages is just the category that JFBConnect is listed under. There's not a separate download.

Oct-17-14 08:25:48
Buttons on {} tag not visible, logout doesn' work, EasySOcial not on list of reg components

Can you verify that your Social Profiles - EasySocial plugin is enabled? The registration component list in the JFBConnect General config area won't have it as an option if the plugin is disabled.

Could you also explain in more detail what you mean by 'and it just displays the text, not the buttons'?

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-17-14 08:19:38
My website cannot render the page

My suggestion is to
1) re-enable the JFBCSystem plugin
2) disable any Open Graph plugins and reload the page to see if it loads correctly
3) If still blank, disable any Social Profiles plugins and reload the page to see if it loads correctly
4) If still blank, disable the JFBCSystem plugin.

It sounds like host or another extension has disabled error reporting, even though it's turned on in the backend. If the above steps don't give any progress, then you'll need to get access to your server error logs to help narrow down the problem.

-Melissa

You can add an Open Graph tag to any page of your site, including dynamic pages where you need PHP. Wherever HTML is generated, just add the following code:

Code:

{SCOpenGraph image=<?php echo $item->image;?>}

PHP will replace the image in the tag and then JFBConnect will parse that tag out during rendering to insert the proper Open Graph tag in the header.

I hope that helps explain, but if not, let us know.

Thanks,
Melissa

Oct-16-14 12:58:14
mod_socialstream font

You can do this by editing the CSS file, located at /media/sourcecoast/themes/scsocialstream/default/styles.css.

-Melissa

Oct-16-14 08:11:49
My website cannot render the page

Could you turn on Error Reporting on your site and let us know what the error is? The setting is in your backend > Global Configuration > Server. Set the value to maximum or development.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-15-14 19:50:41
When you try to click the login Button, it changes his size

The template you are using is automatically inserting an 'art-button' class on some of the login buttons.

Add the following style to your template CSS to fix it.

Code:

.sourcecoast.sclogin .btn-primary:hover {

padding: 4px 12px;
}

Upon investigation, the image returned by Facebook is only a thumbnail image.

For example, the image of the boy you mentioned:
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos … e=54B96F90

It would be possible through CSS to enlarge this image, but it would be grainy/pixelated.

I hope that helps explain the issue.

Oct-15-14 19:10:42

I just tried setting up a test channel on your site and didn't get the manage_pages permission request either.

When you are logging in with Facebook, are you logging in with an administrator of your app? Also have you submitted your app for approval to Facebook? When requesting more than some basic permissions, your app needs to be reviewed by Facebook first (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/fa … 1#review). If you haven't had it reviewed, that would explain why I am not getting the prompt.

In general, JFBConnect creates 100% standard users that work with any extension in Joomla. Additionally, in the SCLogin module that comes with JFBConnect, you can set your registration component to Virtuemart. When the user enters their username/password, the SCLogin will log that user in with Virtuemart. Additionally, we also provide a Virtuemart Social Profile plugin. When enabled, it can be configured to automatically pull in profile data from our supported social networks.

Can you try disabling SEF and caching on your live site to see if that helps and let me know how it goes?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
normastainfo
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
joejvgsourcecoast
Social Stream
SourceCoast Joomla Social Extensions
Friday, 25 May 2018
JFBConnect 8.0 Coming Soon! Stay tuned.
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program