• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Ben,

From a quick look at your front-end, it looks like you've set the Position setting to "Float". This will float it to the side/top of your screen like I'm seeing on your page. Try switching the Position setting to the "Fixed". This will put it into the module position you specify.

If you do change your mind and want it to float, you can also change the margin, padding, and float position settings. You can see an example of it floated on sourcecoast.com

Let me know if you need further help going forward after trying this.

-Melissa Andreae

Oct-06-14 16:30:49
Installation Problems
Category: JFBConnect

Here are some quick things to try:
First, could you verify that the JFBCSystem plugin is enabled?
Second, please make sure that the "SourceCoast Extensions Library" version 3.2.2 is installed and enabled. If it's not, then try reinstalling JFBConnect.

Let me know how that goes and we can work from there.

-Melissa Andreae

Oct-03-14 09:35:10
JFBCFAN box module is not showing, only the tags

I just posted the new 6.2.2 version. Please let us know if you continue to have this issue after updating.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
-Melissa Andreae

Jun-17-13 09:21:25
Joomla 1.5 XML files are missing from the latest download

Hi there! We recently overhauled our website and left off the Version Verification Tool for Joomla 1.5. I have posted the last stable release for Joomla 1.5 on our site. Please use the following link to download the installation zip file: http://www.sourcecoast.com/index.php?op … Itemid=259

As is recommended by Joomla.org itself, we recommend you upgrade to Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.x. We no longer support Joomla 1.5 either, but have no problem providing our older tools for you. We hope they help!

My apologies. I forgot to mark the file as public. It should be fixed now. I blame it on lack of sleep - our baby boy still keeps us up all night current/smile

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now and available for download even if you're not logged in.

I posted a new release of Version Verification Tool which has added support for 2.5.7, 3.0.0 and 3.0.1. Sorry for the delay current/smile

Aug-22-12 14:30:18

Thanks for letting us know about the bug. I just checked in the change for the next release.

With version JFBConnect v4.2, we started using Transifex for our language translations and the bug was introduced there. If you'd be interested in seeing the translations before our releases come out and thus causing issues like this, feel free to create an account on transifex.com and request to be a translator for our JFBConnect project - https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/jfbconnect/. We'd love to have your contributions.

Thanks!
Melissa

Sorry to hear that; I hope your site is back up running smoothly again. Please let us know if you encounter the JS issue again and we can look into it further then.

Just checking back in for this issue - Which versions of JomSocial, Joomla and JLinked are you using? I am trying to reproduce this with JomSocial 2.6.0, Joomla 2.5.6 and JLinked 1.2.2. I was able to succesfully import the Date of Birth from LinkedIn into both a text field and a birthdate field in JomSocial with no problems.

Jul-24-12 15:45:09
need latest J 2.5.6 version

I just posted a new version for Joomla 2.5 which checks for 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. You should be able to download it from our extensions page: http://www.sourcecoast.com/free/free-product-overview

Sorry for the delay in response to this post; we've been busy working on getting new releases of JFBConnect and JLinked out. I've just uploaded new versions of Version Verification Tool and they should be available for download now. For Joomla 2.5, versions 2.5.0 through 2.5.4 are now supported. For Joomla 1.5, version 1.5.26 is now supported.

Sorry for the delay in response to this post; we've been busy working on getting new releases of JFBConnect and JLinked out. I've just uploaded new versions of Version Verification Tool and they should be available for download now. For Joomla 2.5, versions 2.5.0 through 2.5.4 are now supported. For Joomla 1.5, version 1.5.26 is now supported.

Mike,

I found the mistake in our code.. We attempt to strip the quote when we pull the og:description out of an existing metadescription, but I forgot to add it for other situations like this.

The following is a fix that should resolve your issue. Please try it out and let us know if you're still having problems. In plugins/system/jfbcsystem.php, around line 1477, please replace this block

Code:

if (strpos($headerGraphString, $graphName) === false || $graphName == 'og:image')
                return '<meta property="' . $graphName . '" content="' . $graphValue . '"/>' . $carriageReturn;

with this one

Code:

if (strpos($headerGraphString, $graphName) === false || $graphName == 'og:image')
            {
                $graphValue = str_replace('"', "'", $graphValue);
                return '<meta property="' . $graphName . '" content="' . $graphValue . '"/>' . $carriageReturn;
            }

Sorry again!
-Melissa

Feb-01-12 10:08:26
How to allign a custom set of plugin functions

This should be a simple fix. The CSS is properly included in 4.1.2 now. However, you will need to add a div around the tags, so they pick up the proper styles.

Update your content to be the following please:

Code:

<div class="scsocialbuttons">
{JFBCLike url=http://www.resultsrehab.com layout=standard show_faces=true show_send_button=true width=300 action=like font=verdana colorscheme=light}{SCTwitterShare url=http://www.resultsrehab.com data_count=horizontal}{SCGooglePlusOne url=http://www.resultsrehab.com annotation=bubble size=standard}{JLinkedShare url=http://www.healin4soul.com/jlinked/ counter=top}
</div>

Jan-20-12 12:35:24
Code appearing on site article {JFBCGraph...

Hi Jerry,

As Alex mentioned, we were able to reproduce the issue on our local site. I have made a small code update that appears to fix the issue on my local sites. Could you please add the following code and re-test on your pages to make sure that everything is working properly? Note, once you add the code and re-enable the JFBConnect setting in your backend, please clear your cache.

For Joomla 1.7, in plugins/content/jfbccontent/jfbccontent.php around line 644, change this snippet:
(For Joomla 1.5 - plugins/content/jfbccontent.php line 657)

Code:

$articleText = strip_tags($articleText);
$articleText = str_replace('{K2Splitter}', '', $articleText);

to

Code:

$articleText = strip_tags($articleText);
$articleText = preg_replace( '/\s+/', ' ', $articleText ); // Add this line
$articleText = str_replace('{K2Splitter}', '', $articleText);

Essentially, the bug appeared to be that newlines/carriage returns in the article text were not properly being stripped, which caused JFBConnect to have problems inserting the proper Open Graph tags.

Let us know if this update works for you. It's already checked in and will be included in the next release, assuming there are no further problems.
Thanks
-Melissa

Jan-19-12 11:07:41
php error in undefined index of array

What version of Joomla is running on your website?

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for looking into it further. That was a small bug it looks like I introduced when making it work for 1.7. I've posted a new file (version 2.0.1) which has a fix for it.

Which version of Joomla are you using? Also, have you changed any of the parameters for the component? By default, the installation files should be listed under the ignored section of files, unless the "Ignore Regular Expression" parameter is altered.

I took a quick peek at the page you're having trouble with above. There is a Javascript error on your page because the LinkedIn application is not set up correctly. 1) Double check that you've set the API key and Secret key in the JLinked administration area. 2) Also, check the LinkedIn application you've created (at developer.linkedin.com) to verify that the Integration URL field and the Javascript URL Domain field are correct, with the correct domain, http and www. If you still need help with getting the button to show up after these fields are correct, please let us know.

FYI - the exact error that I am seeing is "Error: You must specify a valid JavaScript API Domain as part of this key's configuration."

No problem. I ran into the same problem myself while we were developing the extension current/smile

Yes, just changing the URL in the application should do it when you're ready to go live.

Your LinkedIn application is set up to use a different domain than the URL you provided above. This only matters for Javascript widgets, which is what the Company Insider/Profile/etc modules are. It will not affect the login functionality as that uses a different method. To get the modules to work, you will need to update the URL of the LinkedIn application to point to the correct site domain.

For your reference, this is the Javascript error that appears on your current page: "JavaScript API Domain is restricted to www.thetalentgroup.co.uk"

Can you post or PM a link to a page where you're seeing this issue?

Dec-07-11 09:47:50
module configuration settings

The quickest way to find the ID is to look up the company on the LinkedIn website. The URL that comes back contains the company ID. For example, searching for SourceCoast Web Development returns to the URL http://www.linkedin.com/company/365848?trk=tyah. Our company ID is 365848.

Sorry for the confusion. We already have an issue in our tracker for an upcoming release to try to make it clearer/improve this parameter.

Dec-06-11 19:30:08
"Login With LinkedIn" simply reloads page ???

Thanks for the feedback. We're always looking to improve our error messages and have added this task to our tracker for an upcoming release. Thanks!

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
robver
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program