• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Oct-23-14 12:29:10
Community Builder - How do I Map fields?
Category: JFBConnect

I see. I read your statement wrong as you had created a new required field for email, but could not find it in the list of available Facebook fields to map.

When the user account is created, whatever the Joomla account's email is that's created will automatically be mapped to that CB required field. On registration, JFBConnect will automatically get the email field from Facebook and pre-populate the Joomla account email. So you shouldn't have to really do anything extra to get that value.

Oct-23-14 10:51:15
Uninstalled to upgrade...

Can you turn on error reporting and let us know what the error is? Also, which JFBConnect plugins have you enabled?

Oct-23-14 10:09:37
error when open graph tried to post in facebook

Here are some suggestions:

1. Explicitly Shared should not be checked in the action. Please remove from the JFBConnect configuration and the action configuration in Facebook. This means that the user has clicked a button and is knowingly sharing the content.
2. Please set the 'On Page Load Timer' in the JFBConnect action to 10 or higher. Facebook policy states that the user must be viewing the content on the page for at least 10 seconds before posting it on their behalf.

Oct-23-14 09:37:42
After update to 6.2.2 certain resources of my site no longer load

After a little more testing, the following code that I mentioned in my last post needs to be updated for the Open Graph tags to be rendered correctly.

Code:

$scTagArray = array('SCOpenGraph','SCPinterest');

needs to be replaced with

Code:

$scTagArray = array('SCPinterest');

Good progress! I think it's almost fixed, and possibly just needs a small change on your part now.

FYI - I had to make a small change to the JFBCSystem plugin, in addition to last night's change to the same file.

1. I did my testing of manually inserting the SCOpenGraph tags on your volunteers page (http://www.pubutopia.uk/volunteers). I was able to put these SCOpenGraph tags and they showed up properly in the page source, unlike last night

Code:

{SCOpenGraph image=http://www.pubutopia.uk/cache/cobalt_thumbs/image/26517/367e9490878e7788f4997d1396d6e9d5.jpg}

and

Code:

{SCOpenGraph description=This historic Lancaster pub is one of the oldest in the UK. It has a reputation for being inhabited by ghosts and poltergeists - it was even the subject of an episode of "Most Haunted". It is also one of a very few pubs with an original cellar upstairs - the spring waters seep through the foundation of the Lancaster Castle above and keep the cask beers nicely cool all year round. We offer a selection of usually 3 regular guest ales and 3 more transitional ales (that are sometimes quite experimental!). We are a family run pub and we'd love you to visit us and share our passion for ale and the 'proper pub' experience.}

2. On the example page where you're inserting the tags into the template (http://www.pubutopia.uk/pubs/lancaster- … -mariners), there is still a small problem with the tag you've added being rendered. However, I think this is easily fixable for you. I believe it's not being rendered because there is a br statement right before the closing brace. Can you remove the br and see what happens? If you're using php to get the description to insert into the SCOpenGraph tag, you should just be able to add a strip_tags statement around it.

Let me know your results for #2.

-Melissa

Oct-23-14 08:26:52
Uninstalled to upgrade...

Can you PM us admin credentials to the site with the issue? It could be a weird version of SQL, but we'd have to take a closer look.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-23-14 08:21:46

In your Facebook application, in the Open Graph > Object Types, please make sure you have an 'Article' item listed. In my dashboard, mine has Object Type Name of 'Article' and Open Graph Type of 'article'). Then when editing the action in the JFBConnect component, please make sure that you have an object associated with the action.

Also, could you explain the specific steps you took before you saw that error? What view are you on in the front-end of the site, etc. We just need more details to narrow that down, since it's a pretty generic error.

Oct-23-14 08:08:37

Yes, Import Avatar is the correct setting for the avatar image.

Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't allow access to the telephone numbers through the API.

There is a mapped field for email. It should be listed as 'Contact - Email' all the way at the bottom of the list of fields.

Glad that helped.

You should be able to do the spacing with adding margin. Try (or something similar)

Code:

.my-horizontal-share-buttons .sourcecoast

{
float: left;
margin-right: 5px;
}

If you take a look at the JFBCSocialShare module we display at the bottom of this page (with the social share buttons), you can inspect its styles, which might help. Additionally the JFBCSocialShare module is included with your JFBConnect installation, so you can play around with it to help you out or give you ideas too.

Thanks for the PM with your details. I just logged in and saw that the "Enable Automatic Registration" setting as described above wasn't set to Yes. Did you turn it back off? If so, what issues did you run into with it set to Yes?

Please let us know what you've tried and why things aren't working, and we'll help however we can.

Both Alex and I spent some time on your site tonight trying to debug things. We also uploaded a new JFBCSystem plugin that fixes another related Open Graph issue, but there was no improvement. From here, we'll need to get FTP access to diagnose what's going on. If you can, please PM that info to us. This is definitely a strange problem we haven't seen before.

Try the following:

Code:

<div class="my-horizontal-share-buttons">{SCTwitterShare}{SCGooglePlusOne}{JFBCLike}</div>

Then, in your template's CSS, add:

Code:

.my-horizontal-share-buttons .sourcecoast{ float: left; }

This is definitely bizarre. Would you mind PM'ing me site credentials so I can investigate further?

-Melissa

We're glad that helped get you going.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've started a troubleshooting section in the Channel Setup guide, as this is definitely a detailed and potentially confusing feature.

-Melissa

Oct-22-14 19:40:07

Here are some more tips that Alex suggests you try:

* In the JFBConnect -> Configuration -> Facebook area, in the "Additional requested permissions" box, add "manage_pages". That will request the permission from any users logging in through Facebook. Try logging in again to see if it's requested. If so, grant it and then remove the permission from the box to not ask it of other users.
* On Facebook.com, click the down-arrow in the top right and go to Settings. Then, click on Apps and click into the app you created for your site. Check if the user_groups permission is listed as something you've granted.
* If the permission has been granted, but JFBConnect still can't detect it, the next step would be to try and delete the Channel and recreate it. It's possible something got messed up in the database and hopefully recreating it will fix it.

Please let me know if these help.

This should be as simple as just setting the 'Show Login Form' option to Hide in the SCLogin 'Login View Settings' area.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-22-14 19:28:40
software error

With our channels feature, you can post any page from your site to the supported social network, regardless of extension.

Please see our setup guides to help get you started:
https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … al-channel
https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … l-networks

Oct-22-14 19:25:50
software error

Please make sure that you are entering your subscriber ID, not your Invoice ID.

You can find the correct subscriber ID by following the same steps:
1. Log in on sourcecoast.com
2. In the My Account menu, click the 'My Profile' link.
3. Your subscriber ID will be listed on the right column.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues after updating the value.

Thanks
-Melissa

Oct-22-14 19:21:26

The action should actually be 'news.reads', not 'read'. Please make sure to also click the Built-in FB Action setting too. Change this and let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks
-Melissa

Dale,

Here's a few quick questions to hopefully shed some light on the problem:

1. Are you editing the article on the front-end or the backend of the site?
2. Do you have a Social Tag Admin Key set in the JFBConnect > Social > Misc setting?
3. Which, if any, of the Open Graph plugins do you have enabled on your site?

Thanks,
Melissa

Oct-22-14 09:51:02
After update to 6.2.2 certain resources of my site no longer load

I believe that I have fixed this problem in the JFBCSystem plugin. We strip out our easy-tags from the page and were inadvertently stripping out more than we should have.

We are currently working on a 6.2.3 release that should be out over the next week and this fix will be included in that release. Until then, if you'd like to try the code changes, please edit your plugins/system/jfbcsystem/jfbcsystem.php file with the following:

At line 23, after the 'var $metadataTagsToStrip = array('JFBC', 'JLinked', 'SC');' line, add the following:

Code:

var $scTags;

At what's now line 41, add the following block after the 'parent::__construct($subject, $config);' line:

Code:

$scTagArray = array('SCOpenGraph','SCPinterest');

foreach(JFBCFactory::getAllProviders() as $provider)
    $scTagArray[] = 'SC'.$provider->name;
$this->scTags = implode('|', $scTagArray);

At what's now line 279, replace

Code:

$newHead = preg_replace('/\{(SC|JFBC|JLinked)(.*?)}/ui', '', $matches[0], -1, $count);

with

Code:

$newHead = preg_replace('/\{('.$this->scTags.'|JFBC|JLinked)(.*?)}/ui', '', $matches[0], -1, $count);

At what's now line 322, replace

Code:

$regex = '/\{(SC|JFBC|JLinked)(.*?)}/i';

with

Code:

$regex = '/\{('.$this->scTags.'|JFBC|JLinked)(.*?)}/i';

Oct-22-14 09:32:30

To follow up from your PM:

When you're logging in from the front-end, please check the following:
* You're logging in using Facebook
* The Facebook account you're logging in with is the same one linked to the Joomla user you selected in the Channels area
* The Facebook user is either a) an admin of the Facebook application or b) you have submitted your app for approval to Facebook to use the manage_pages permission
-- To let JFBConnect read or post to a Facebook Group or Page, we must get the user_groups (or manage_pages) permission from the user. The only way to request that permission is from admins of the app *or* if the user is not an admin, you must have let Facebook approve that permission to be requested of your users.

Oct-22-14 09:14:44

As always, documentation is an ever-evolving entity, so I've added an issue to our tracker to expand on available fields from each Social Network/configuration of profiles current/smile

Yes, the next step will be to go into the Community Builder > Field Manager section and add new fields there for each field you wish to import from Facebook. Which ones you add are really dependent on what profile information you'd like to gather from Facebook on your site. The currently available Facebook fields can be found listed at the top of the components/com_jfbconnect/libraries/profile/facebook.php (and likewise for other social networks).

The field types that JFBConnect currently supports for CB are text, textarea, editor textarea, date or webaddress. So add a new field with one of these types, set the name and title to something unique (title may be displayed to user, so something readable), and set the required/show at registration/published fields as desired.

After you add the field to CB, go back to the JFBConnect > Profiles area. You should see a longer list of CB fields now and can map them to the fields in the Facebook column.

Try that out and let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks
-Melissa

When Bottom is selected, JFBConnect inserts the Comment box at the end of the article content. Anything being displayed after that is being done by the K2 template. To move the position of the Comment box, you can override the template to insert the JFBCComments easy tag in the correct position, instead of using the JFBCContent plugin/JFBConnect>Social area to add the comments.

For more info on how to add the Easy Tag:
https://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/ … /easy-tags

The ability to post to a stream is through the Social Toolbar 'Create Post' button. When you use this, you're actually just posting the URL to the page that you're on. The message that you can enter is just a comment to go along with the page URL. Then, when the post shows in Facebook (or other social network), any images or further descriptions are scraped from the Open Graph tags on the page.

So while you won't be able to specify an image on that 'Create Post' dialog, you can explicitly set the Open Graph image on the specific page you are sharing. JFBConnect attempts to determine the best image by article and category content, but you can set an image by just inserting the SCOpenGraph easy tag in your article content.

Code:

{SCOpenGraph image=PATH_TO_YOUR_IMAGE}

• Index
  • » Users
  • » mel
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
glewot
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program