• Index
  • » Users
  • » fb_100000183019231
  • » Posts

Feb-18-14 13:15:43
The sign in with FB is not working. If you click on sign in then the window pops-up and disappears.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to give you a detailed explanation. Let me know if you have further questions.

If say, I am already logged in into my facebook account. I go to my website MFT in new tab.

Now when I click on "Sign in with Facebook" button which actually is Login with facebook then a pop-up window opens up and disappears immediately. I don't even get the opportunity to take a screenshot of it. It happens so fast that I can't even see what's in the pop-up. In order to debug this from my browser side, I right-clicked and looked into "Inspect Element" on my website. I found the error in the "Console" tab. Below is the error.

Error:
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'getSession'.

Regarding upgrade, I was talking about Facebook upgrading their API. One of the resource I found online about my issue says that FB is no longer using getSession instead it's using getUser.
Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3128 … o-idea-why

Let me know any solution for this issue.

Regards.

Feb-17-14 09:18:22
The sign in with FB is not working. If you click on sign in then the window pops-up and disappears.

I am not sure if it's related to upgrade or not. I did inspect element from browser side and found error on console.
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'getSession'.

Is there any fix; short term and long term?

I know the support is closed for Joomla 1.5 but I am just not sure if the FB login issue is related to upgrade or not. I bought this site from previous owner so still trying to figure out some components.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Autoloigin facebook users is set to NO
Logout of Joomla only to YES

The error comes in randomly, not everytime. Also, with these settings, when a user clicks on the button, s/he is automatically logged in. I don't want that.  want it to ask for facebook credentials each time. What if a user has two facebook accounts mapped to my site? Then the button doesn't ask for credentials if the user has logged in to my site prviously. It simpy logs in. And to log in with a different account, the user has to log out of facebook.com and then it asks for facebook credentials.

I hope I'm clear in the description of the problem.

The random error I told you about is in all the browsers and with all machines. My users have complained that is why I was pissed off. Please suggest.

My site URL: http://goo.gl/N58yl. Please check it and let me kow what the problem is.

The button is not working on my site. It says "Error with <sitename> occurred API Error Code: 110
API Error Description: Invalid user id
Error Message: Missing user cookie (to validate session user)" and when I click ok, it automatically logs in to the username I had logged in with, once, ages ago.

Also, when I want to log in with a different name, I have to go to facebook.com and logout from there. Otherwse it just logs me automatically to the username with which I am logged in on Facebook.

Overall, I'm not very impressed with this product, I'm afraid to say. It's been 4 months that I've been getting one error message or the other. Sometime back, when I complained about this product and compared it to jreviews, you said that jreviews' price was also higher. But you forgot it's functionalities. It has WAY MORE features and functions than your product. And to be increasing the price from $30 to $50 for THIS product is too much. JFBconnect is not worth it.

I apologize if my language is very rude or not upto the mark, but I'm really very disappointed with fbconnect. In 4 months, I've upgraded it about 4 times, uninstalled it, reinstalled it about the same time..and even then I'm not free of errors. It hurts my business. It is sad.

P.S.: Current Version: 3.0.2

Sep-25-10 03:36:44
problem after upgrading to latest version from rc version

Thanks Alzander. The hack worked like a charm. :-)

Sep-24-10 23:16:25

Hi alazander..

Thanks for your quick reply. I will go for option 2 as i want those bugs resolved which are there in 3.0.0. I will do the code manipulation and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sep-24-10 22:22:12

I disabled fb posting on jreviews but the problem persists. :-(

Sep-23-10 20:40:42

Why have I not been replied for more than 36 hours alzander? This problem is really affecting activity on my website.

Please look into it.

Sep-22-10 08:37:04

Hi. When someone logs in from the content page, it leaves my site and goes on to facebook. While on other pages it works fine. Try logging in on this page: http://bit.ly/90Mga7 and u'll know what i mean. You are already registered on my site via facebook..so you just need to enter your password.

Please look into the matter and reply asap.

Thanks,
Rajat.

Aug-22-10 07:38:08
user mapping problem

@nikkia: hey..sorry for replying late to this..but here's the link which made me do that email thing. http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p … 9#p1545099

thanks,
rajat.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. It wasn't working sometime ago and seems to be okay now. And when it wasn't working on my site, I noticed the same problem was on this (sourcecoast) site too. So I think the problem was at my end, in the internet connection or something.

However, the logging in and out of facebook isn't very smooth. It sometimes takes a lot of time, sometimes less, sometimes hangs in the middle. Can anything be done about it? Also I noticed that the download option for the rc2 plugins was disabled in 'manage my subscriptions'. Wouldn't we need them for rc2 install??

When I log in via facebook connect button, I am redirected to the home page of the site even though I have all the redirections turned off in the module. Is this problem solvable?

Thanks again for the help.

Rajat.

Aug-18-10 21:07:19
user mapping problem

You've never responded before 12 hours and that is very annoying and troublesome, again, unlike other developers out there. I raise a ticket at Jreviews and within  2 hours I get a response. Your support is not up to the mark, I'm very sorry to say that.

The login module has stopped working. It pops up the facebook window, and after entering the facebook credentials it sometimes logs in sometimes doesn't. It's become random in logging in. This is urgent. Please help me.

I am using RC1 and I can't upgrade to RC2 at such short time as I've dome many changes inside files to suit my needs. Please take a look at my site: http://bit.ly/8XaUkz

I had to launch it to public at this time today. Please look into this matter soon.

Thanks,
Rajat.

Aug-17-10 22:21:06
Want to delete extra text

Hi,

Okay. I've come to terms with that text and the me-myself's friend thing. ;-)
There was one more bug in this module of yours. The text "Use this form to describe your module" couldn't be left blank. It would come again even after leaving blank and saving. So I manually deleted the text in the module's XML file and that solved the problem.

Thanks,
Rajat

I've tried all the settings and combinations in jfb connect but still logout does not function properly. The user is logged out of facebook too when s/he logs out of my joomla site. Please help me in this. This is urgent as I have to release my website to the public in 12 hours.

Thanks,
Rajat.

Aug-17-10 22:16:22
user mapping problem

Hi,

Yes it would be good if you incorporate this feature in the future release.

Ticketing system has many advantages over these forums. Firstly, I can decide the priority of my queries. I wanted to be answered about facebook friends module query earlier than this query, but that did not happen as there was no ticket system. Secondly, with a ticket system, all my queries would come at a single place and I (and even the developers) can glance through the queries of a particular user in a single shot. Thirdly, here I cannot make you login to my administration page as this is public. So you can't give me support where you have to log in to my joomla and see the settings. Lastly, here it doesn't make me feel as if I'm a paid subscriber. I'm just like many other people who're being replied to and who haven't paid for this component.

And even the support lacks the swiftness that other component developers provide (mainly Jreviews and Community Builder)

Thanks,
Rajat.

Aug-17-10 05:44:22
user mapping problem

I worked around and disabled the validation in core joomla files that checks for same email addresses. Now it's what I wanted. But there should be a simpler way to handle this.

P.S. I really think that you guys should come up with a ticket system for support.

Aug-16-10 22:44:34
user mapping problem

Old registered users are not able to reconnect themselves to facebook account. For example, if [email protected] is already registered on my site. He comes and clicks on the facebook button and enters his facebook credentials. The jfbconnect configuration is set to 'facebook user only'. Now his old account with [email protected] should be linked to facebook account which has the same email address [email protected] But instead of this, this message is displayed "This e-mail is already registered. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot your password link and a new password will be sent to you."

Aug-16-10 22:33:34
user mapping problem

No. I have disabled the login fields. So there is no option of logging in for the old joomla users. What I want is, the old users should re register to my site via their facebook credentials. Take a look at my site. You'll get to know what I want.

http://bit.ly/8XaUkz

I work from office where there's only IE. So I can't use Firebug. Please help me in logout placement.

Aug-16-10 07:16:05
user mapping problem

I have about 2000 existing users on my Joomla site. But now if any one of them registers on to my site via facebook, the "email already exists" message is displayed. How can that be solved? I don't want the regular joomla registration to exist now. And I want my existing users to be able to register again (if they wish to) via facebook (and they'll have the same email address obviously).

I do not want to remove the previous data of 2000 existing users.

Aug-15-10 22:23:42
Want to delete extra text

Hi,

In the JFBfriends module, in addition to the profile pic thumbs of the friends, there is also a text at the top that says "xyz and abc have connected to <site>". I want to delete this text.
Also, why does it show the user's name too? For example if I am logged in via facebook as Peter, in the friends module it shows the thumbnails of my friends and my (peter's) thumbnail too. Am I myself's friend?

Thanks,

Hey Alzander,

The positioning of the button works like a charm. How do I adjust the positioning of the logout button? And the text which says, "Welcome <UserName>"?

Thanks,
Rajat

Hi,

The link to the Facebook login buttons I gave you are not custom buttons. They're Facebook's. I don't know if they've removed those buttons or not.

Thanks for testing out the button position. I'll try them at my end and let you know.

Thanks,

• Index
  • » Users
  • » fb_100000183019231
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
quadranttextbook7
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
jtquinto
Social Stream
SourceCoast Joomla Social Extensions
Friday, 25 May 2018
JFBConnect 8.0 Coming Soon! Stay tuned.
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program