• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for, but if you can explain it more, I will try to help.

If you post a link or screenshots of what you currently have, that might help me understand.

Thanks!

It depends on which button(s) you are talking about.  I just checked and the Login button looks like it uses this language file:
en-GB.mod_jfbclogin.ini

If you are talking about other buttons, let me know and I can investigate.  If they aren't using a language file, we will put it on the list of changes for the next release and help you change it temporarily until them.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will add it to the list of things to investigate for the next release.  As long as Facebook allows it, we will try to add it.  I think it would be useful as well.

You can't create a Joomla! menu item using a module.  Typically, what you have to do, is create an article and create a menu item to that article.  Once you have the menu item, you can create an instance of the Invite module and set it to only display for that menu item.

Let me know if you still can't get it working.  Sorry for the confusion.

Would the same avatar be used for everyone?  If so, could you just replace the default used by Jomsocial?

If not, how would you like us to assign an avatar?

We can investigate how hard it would be if you can give us more details.

Thanks for helping out, moosed.

parisi, if you are still having issue, let me know and I will try to help.

hey im working hard on fixing that guys!!

...just kidding.  Sorry for the delay in response.  We have to juggle custom client work along with extension support and we've had very busy customers.

Have you both tried adding the line specified earlier in this thread?  If so, how are you testing it?  Just by logging in or by signing up for a new account?  If you can describe what you are trying to do, I should be able to help.

Which page do you want it to show up on?  You can specify that a module only shows up on certain pages when you modify the module instance in the Module Manager.  Then you just need to make sure it is in the correct template position.

Let me know if you still need help.

Did you end up changing anything to get it working that you could share in case anyone else has this issue?

I'm glad you got it working.  Good job!

I'm glad you got it working.  Thanks for posting back about the trailing slash just in case others run into the same issue.

Feb-11-10 19:54:38
Topic: Events

I don't know if it's feasible, but we will investigate ways to make it easier to integrate with other event extensions when we investigate posting events to Facebook.

Yup, it will all stay intact.  Just uninstall and reinstall.  That note is buried here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=36&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

Hope that helps!

We don't have any answers to this yet, but definitely like the way that Facebook is going.  It seems that on one hand, their tightening privacy controls, but this move actually opens up access to a user's real email address.

We can't give a timeline for implementing this, because while it sounds great, there's still complications.  Primarily, when a user registers, we can ask for permission to get their email, but if they deny it, how do we proceed.  Not insurmountable as we're already making an address up.  However, the 'requiring email' feature seems useful to get around this, but we'll need to ensure that we have that as an option as some sites don't care to get the user's real email address.

Are you using PHP5?  It's required for JFBConnect and the FB PHP libraries to function properly.  That issue may or many not be caused by PHP4, but it's the most likely cause from that error.

If you are using PHP5, can you PM us your URL and a temp super admin account so we can investigate further?

That line needs to be added in 2.5.3.  We haven't released 2.5.4 yet as few people are affected by this issue.  Sorry that you're included on this list.  We hope to have another release out soon.

We don't have code to do this off hand. You can't get their true email address, and FB has been changing it's privacy policies and their usage of 'psuedo-emails' seems to be changing as we speak. We're not too excited to implement to such a moving target and are holding off for the time being on doing this.

There's another thread regarding the FB email address below, which we'll try to aggregate these posts into:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=751&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

Setting Create Joomla User's to No will automatically create them an account using a psuedo username from their Facebook id.

What's your url so we can get an idea of what's happening.  The 'site in a pop-up' is almost always caused from an incorrect connect URL in your FB app.  Also, check if you have any other Facebook modules (FB Fans, etc) that are inserting a FB.init('xxxxxxx') line into your page.  The xxxx is the API key, and if it's different than the JFBC API key, that can cause this problem.

There isn't anywhere in our app where we store that, but I'm assuming your sub-domain was pulsenz.com/rf-test?

I can see that in the url it's trying to use.  The cause isn't actually from JFBConnect, it's from your FB Fans module you're using.  At the very bottom of your page is this call:
  FB.init("0e33cad2da945fefcf21d08baa6b7a55", "http://www.pulsenz.com/rf-test/xd_receiver.htm"); 

That's not from JFBC (We have a similar call in the middle of the page making this last one redundant, but it doesn't hurt since you're using the same API key).  Either find the offending module (again, think it's the FB Fans box) and remove the init call, or update the url.

Good luck!

If you copied it wholesale into the 2.5 rev, it probably won't work at all.  There's a ton of changes between 2.1 and 2.5.

What are you trying to accomplish, and what's going wrong?  You should be able to see your profile after registration now as we use the CB admin settings for approving/moderating a user.. so if you have auto-approvals set up, we respect that.

I'm pretty sure you're posting about the wrong component and (definitely) for the wrong CMS.  Many scripts can cause the error output your seeing.  Please try to find the right message-board for whatever module you're using.

That's not normal current/smile

Make sure in your Facebook application that all values now point to your non-subdomain URL.  When JFBConnect authenticates a user, the FB app is what actually responds with where to go next.  We give it hints, but that's the first place I'd look for issues.  On the JFBConnect admin page, does the Connect URL to your 'good' webiste or your development subdomain?

If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll try to come up with other suggestions.

mtatem: Did you fix your issue?  I'm seeing the FB Connect button now.  Though, I am getting the cross-domain receiver error if I follow your link.  Try reading this post to fix that problem:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=102&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

Generally, if a template fixes the problem, it's because the 'bad' template is doing something it shouldn't be with Mootools.  Either not allowing it to be loaded, or including a different version than what comes with Joomla.  Try looking into that, and if you need help, just let us know.

Sorry for the (lengthy) delay in responding.  It's not normal, and not right.

1) Currently, the user's Facebook status is not imported into the JomSocial activity feed.  This isn't a bug with your setup, it just isn't how JFBConnect currently works.  We're just starting on some new features, and tighter integration is one of them.  I don't have a timeline for the release though.

2) This one we can help with.  Can you try the following:
In the component/com_jfbconnect/views/loginregister/tmpl/default.php file, at line 11 right under the "include_once" line, add:

defined('_JEXEC') or die();
require_once (JPATH_ROOT.DS.'components'.DS.'com_jfbconnect'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'facebookhelper.php');
JFBConnectFacebookHelper::init();

Depending on how your site is configured, during the registration process, the user may not be asked for permission to post to their wall.  The above line ensures that they are (by loading the proper FB Javascript library).  After they are asked, then (if they've consented), you should see updates that they've logged in.

Let us know how this goes.

The point Ivan was making is actually that it matters whether you're using www or non-www.  Try visiting your site in each to see if one works and the other doesn't. 

This post gives information on how to fix that, and other issues, related to the FB app connect URL setup.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=102&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

Wow, not sure how we missed that, and thanks for pointing it out.  We'll make sure that fix will be in our next release.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
nielsbinder
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program