• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

The invite count is determined by Facebook.  We tried our best to explain it in the description for the "Max Invites" parameter in the module, so I'll quote it again here:

The maximum number of users that can be selected. This value ranges from 1 to 35, and is capped at the number of friend requests the user has remaining under their limit. This attribute is ignored if it is greater than the number of requests your application is able to send (which is determined by Facebook).

So basically, you can set it to a max of 35 (1000 would be ignored by Facebook). However, Facebook ultimately decides how many invitations your site is allowed based on the amount of users your application has, amount of invitations sent by your users in previous sessions, and whether it considers previous invitations to be spam.

An installation guide is now available for JFBConnect.  This goes through the setup of the component itself and creation of a Facebook application.  More guides will be coming soon, along with an FAQ for common issues or problems.

JFBConnect Installation Guide

Please let us know if you find any issues, omissions, or confusion and we'll update it as soon as possible!

That's a new one to us and hard to debug even with the thorough information provided.

You can uninstall the component, but we do leave the tables intact.  Did you ever have JomSocial installed?  There was a case we helped debug once where JomSocial was installed, the user enabled integration, but then uninstalled JS... which made JFBConnect not terribly happy.

If you would like to PM (--->) us an admin account into your site, we'd be more than happy to investigate and try to fix the issue your having.

We've tested it and not had any problems.  We are not enabling the Facebook Connect features with JomSocial 1.2 (and would recommend you don't either).  If that's how your currently configured, can you point us to your URL and give a description of what does happen?  Does the user get created?  Is the avatar but no fields improted, etc?

There are posts on this forum that discuss a horizontal login module.  We haven't created one, and don't have a suggestion to help you do it off-hand.  Sorry if that annoys you.  Have you searched for code that might do what you want?

You can perform a template override of the module itself and customize it however you want.  There are currently a few bugs and new features we're trying to implement right now, and this isn't the highest priority for us.

What's your URL?  A lot of times this is caused by an invalid Facebook application configuration.  If you want to try something quick, try recreating a new Facebook application, only set the Canvas Callback URL and Connect URL as your home page.  Leave everything else as default.  Then use the new API/Secret key in JFBConnect.

See if this works, and if so, then start customizing your application as you need.  Test regularly, and if you find a specific setting in the Facebook application that causes it to break, let us know.  We've seen this happen before, but don't know what the 'magic' setting is that causes problems.

This is usually a conflict by having multiple components including the Facebook API's.  Try following this thread:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=315">viewtopic.php?f=38&t=315</a><!-- l -->

We think we've figured out the cause for this.  Currently, we try to overwrite the image on your server when we pull it down from Facebook.  Depending on how the server is configured, you may get this error.  This only (we think) occurs when a user re-registers on the site, so it shouldn't be seen by new users (since the file won't exist in this case).  We have it in our project planner to add a check to see if an avatar with the given filename already exists, if so, delete it, then grab the Facebook version.

Let us know if the above doesn't sound correct.

Yup.  The Configuration area of JFBConnect has a "New User Registration Redirect" url where you can send any new users.  This is different than the redirect used in the login module which is used for returning users only.

I'm really not sure.  We don't do a lot of the 'Facebook app' development.  Our component is mainly for the integration of users into your site.  I'm assuming that portions working correct?

If it's the application itself (loading on Facebook's pages) that's problematic, you may need to search their forums.  We'll help however we can, but it's not our area of expertise.

This was the response sent in a PM response:

Do you have the "Create New Users" option set to no? If this is set to yes, they should (upon first registration) be sent to a 'quick' registration page which will ask them for their preferred username/password/email address.

I'm not sure where the 'fake' foo.bar email address is coming from. Can you clarify further?

Afterwards, logging into the site, I'm able to see the foo.bar address with a plugin being used to ask he user to update their email address.  I would check if you are using 2.1 of the JFBConnect component, and if not, upgrade.

Please try connecting through our demo site and you'll see the new quick registration page which allows the user to enter their correct email at time of registration.

I believe those are all issues regarding the usage of PHP4.  JFBConnect requires PHP5 to function (because the Facebook library is PHP5 only).  Please check if your server is PHP4 based and upgrade.  If this isn't the case, let us know, and we can investigate further.

This is caused when another component is including the Facebook libraries.  We'll add a check in the future to not throw this error.  I'm assuming this is because you've enabled Facebook Connect integration within JomSocial.

This is caused when another component is including the Facebook libraries.  We'll add a check in the future to not throw this error.  I'm assuming this is because you've enabled Facebook Connect integration within JomSocial.  I'd recommend only using one or the other, and not both, as they accomplish similar goals in very different ways.

Ah, I think you've found something.  For some reason immediately after logging in, the auto-resizing does not work.  If you log in, and then refresh the page, it does work.  Please test on your site and see if you see the same results.

We'll investigate why it's failing on the first page after login.  There's a lot of javascript on the page to get everything to work hunky-dory, and there must be some conflict.  We'll keep you posted when we find something.

P.S. Going to use this thread going forward.  The other thread with an almost identical discussion is confusing and the title on this one is better.

Going to start posting in the thread below going forward.  Everyone else, please do the same. These 2 threads are almost identical:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=309">viewtopic.php?f=38&t=309</a><!-- l -->

Your site doesn't have JFBConnect installed.  The JFBCLogin module is installed, but when logging into the back-end, the component isn't there.  Did you uninstall it temporarily?

The issue was that within Community Builder you had a field marked as required (Network Status).  Because of this, Community Builder was unable to save your profile which then prevented importing the avatar/fields as well as approving the registration.

It seems to be working now.  Test it out.  We're putting together a setup guide now (hopefully be out the end of this week) and we'll put a note in there about this.  Sorry for your issues.

Glad to hear it.  Safari is going into our gammut of tests from now on, and we'll try to make sure our defaults work better going forward as well (in the case where an explicit choice hasn't been made for a redirection).

There's no way to pop-up the diaglog in the center of the page.  That whole view is an IFrame to Facebook, which means your actually embedding a portion of their content on your page.  You don't have much say in what happens in there, and it's not actually 'happening' on your page.. it just looks that way.

For information on how to stop it from getting chopped off, please see this post:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=311&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

For smaller views (like on sidebars), you need to enable the "Enable Automatic Resizing" option within the Invite module.  The description states:

Enable this if the module area to be displayed in is less than 582px. This is to overcome a bug in Facebook's implementation where the 'Confirmation' dialog box can get chopped off.

I'm assuming this will fix your issue.  Facebook's implementation of the Invitation options is pretty horrendous and we had to invent quite a few workarounds.  I'm sorry if you think your not getting your money's worth, but there was a large time investment in making thinks as simple as a radio button to overcome their issues.  Please read the descriptions.  If you have that enabled and it's not working, definitely let us know and we'll work through it with you.

Can you provide a post for that on the JomSocial board?

This is our number one 'bug' right now that we're investigating and it seems to be exposing itself in different ways on the affected sites.  We should have something out this week to get around it.

The best suggestion I can give when this happens is the following:
- Re-create your Facebook application leaving all values at their default.
- Set your Canvas Callback Url and Connect Url to your home page
- Get the API/Secret keys and put them into JFBConnect and verify it works.

We've given this suggestion in numerous other posts, and people have always said it works.  It seems there's some setting that causes this in the Facebook application.  We haven't been able to find it, but if you get it to work using the above, and then want to customize your application further, let us know if you ever find the magic switch causing this.  We'd love to test further and provide a workaround (if possible) to avoid this in the future.

I think all of those (except age/birthdate) are options to use in the "JomSocial Integration" tab.  You just need to map the Facebook field name "Location - Hometown" to whatever JomSocial field you've created to import it into.

Not sure if you're saying it's not working or your having some other issue.  Just let us know where the problem lies current/smile

We're going to try to put a release out this week (with luck and time) to fix a few bugs.  If we get through them quickly, we'll try to investigate implementing your notification code and enhancing it as you suggest.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
educarvalho2001
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
adammelcher
Social Stream
SourceCoast Joomla Social Extensions
Friday, 25 May 2018
JFBConnect 8.0 Coming Soon! Stay tuned.
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program