• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

The fix was in the Authentication plugin and the component itself.  There were other changes in the login module described in the post below.  The fixes in the default.php you should probably be performed on your file even if your not using SH404, but frankly, if your site is working as-is, I'd leave it current/smile

I just tried to create an account on your site, filled out the profile, did not upload a phot, and received the activation link correctly.  Clicking it led me to:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://urfestival.com/Activate-account.html?activation=72d4a6817a62866d1d09c12513075f57">http://urfestival.com/Activate-account. ... 2513075f57</a><!-- m -->
Which states:

Activation Complete!
Your Account has been successfully activated. You can now log in using the username and password you chose during the registration.

What are you seeing?

For those affected, this issue should be closed in the 2.0 release (now available as of 3/2/09).  If you still experience this issue after installing the new version, please let us know as soon as possible.

Just so it's clear, we (SourceCoast) are not the author's of this module.  The author's support form is below.  You're more than welcome to post issues here (and I'll try to get "Ceshelman" to check in here every once in a while for related questions).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=43&rb_v=viewforum">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewforum</a><!-- m -->

Definitely let us know if you get it going.  It looks neat on his page, you must be logged in on FB to see it, I believe... actually.. is that your problem? current/smile

Good questions, and I'll take them each point by point below:
When a logged in session is left for too long, it seems Facebook logs the Joomla site out, and throws an error message when trying to access the Joomla site. THe only way I could get around this was to completely close the browser to clear the session.
This is one of the 2 bugs that were fixed in the (just released) 2.0 version.  Please try this version and definitely post here if you're still experiencing this issue.

My Facebook invitees didn't seem to receive their invites.
You're the 2nd post, I believe, that's mentioned this.  Now that the 2.0 stable component is out, this is going to be the next problem we'll be investigating.  We don't think it's affecting all sites, so we may ask for more information about your configuration if we can't easily reproduce it on our test servers.

But the main request/question is when you envisage this component being able to post to the Facebook wall/feed any new articles submitted on the site. THis would make the component perfect.
While I haven't used it, another author has posted the following module below.  I looked at it on his site (you can see the demo page if you go to his forum post), and it looks like what you may be looking for (you have to log into his site first and click on an article to see it in action).  Again, it's not ours, but we plan on helping developers create and distribute their own products so you can customize your JFBConnect site however you'd like.  If it works, let others know, and if you want more or changes, let the author know!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/extensions-directory/listings/Extension+Specific/JFBConnect/Facebook+Comments+for+JFBConnect+powered+sites">http://www.cmsmarket.com/extensions-dir ... ered+sites</a><!-- m -->

Hope this helps

Can you post the exact error message your getting?  This isn't an issue I'm familiar with.

If the zip file isn't working, can you try unzipping the file locally, ftping the entire contents to a directory on your server, and then using the "Install from Directory" option in Joomla?

Maybe you've posted it before, but whats your site?  I just tried this on our test site (Joomla activation enabled, create new Joomla user, not using JomSocial..) and didn't see any issues.

Yup, that question gets asked a lot, but in short.. updates are definitely included for the foreseeable future.  This is at least during all of Joomla 1.5, we're investigating the new user system of Joomla 1.6, but can't really speak on the difficulty with that yet (and hence, whether that would be a separate release or not).

What happens when you go to the site?  It seems to be working for me.. swear I didn't do anything  current/big_smile

Sorry, I must have glazed over this post at some point.  Assuming you're using the built in Joomla registration, the below link should work for you:

This will automatically redirect a new user to the Joomla user profile page where they can see their profile information.  It won't force them to change it, but it helps.  If you'd like to use a different page, because of a different profile component or whatever, the best way to find the right link is:

1) Go to the Joomla admin area
2) Click on Menu->Main Menu (or any menu)
3) Click "New" as though you're creating a new menu item
4) In the tree list, select where you'd like the user to go (for the above, I chose User->User->Default Form Layout)
5) Click Save
6) In the new menu item, where you can set the title, alias, etc.  The "Link" value is what you'd use as the link
7) Hit cancel so as not to actually save the new menu item.

Are you sure your system is running PHP v5 or higher?
When configuring, was it right you hit 'apply' that you saw the error your seeing now?  Or was there something else that you were doing when it stopped.  This is a new problem
Did you enter your API Key and Secret Key?

The best way to quickly 'undo' this would be to access your database (through plesk, cpanel, PHPMyAdmin, etc), finding the Namespace plugin in the jos_plugins table, and setting the published value to 0.  I'm not sure of your technical skills, so there's another option below.

- Unzip the com_jfbconnect package locally.  FTP into your site and copy all the files from the component/helpers directory to components/com_jfbconnect/helpers directory.
- Unzip the file 'admin/packages/plg_system_jfbconnectnamespace_j1.5_v2.0.zip' locally.  Upload the 2 files inside to your Joomla /plugins/system directory.

This may or may not fix the issue, but hopefully will help.  If you're able to get back into your system, unpublish the Namespace plugin the first chance you get.

Alright, we think we have a solution for the SH404 issues that we've had, but would like to have any of you affected make minor changes to 2 files to test first.  If you can't, that's fine, we'll post RC4 with these fixes early this week, but would like to have some wider testing first.  Also, if you notice other problems that may be related, post them here.

Cause: Joomla router is converting '&' symbols in the URL to '&' which then is getting sent to Facebook and back again, and SH404 isn't routing these back to the JFBConnect component correctly.

In the SH404 configuration, under the "By Component" tab, switch the first column for JFBConnect from "(use default handler)" to "Skip".

Modify the following 2 files:
/components/com_jfbconnect/helpers/facebookhelper.php  (~line 26, remove JRoute::_() function call):
    function getFacebookUserLoginLink()
        #return JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=loginFacebookUser");
        return "index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=loginFacebookUser";

/modules/mod_jfbclogin/tmpl/default.php (Add JRoute::_( xxx, false) to 2 function calls)
line 13
    Change: var fbUserLoginLink = "<?php print JFBConnectFacebookHelper::getFacebookUserLoginLink(); ?>&return=<?php echo $fbLoginUrl; ?>";
    To: var fbUserLoginLink = "<?php echo JRoute::_(JFBConnectFacebookHelper::getFacebookUserLoginLink()."&return=".$fbLoginUrl, false); ?>";

line 30
    Change: window.location = 'index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=logout&return=<?php echo $logoutUrl; ?>';
    To: window.location = '<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=logout&return='.$logoutUrl, false); ?>';

Thank you for your patience.  Any custom modifications to the login template should not be affected (though the line numbers above may obviously be different).  Please post results!

This error is being discussed at the thread below.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=53&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

We're actively investigating this issue.

Yeah, no way to allow the user to enter their own name for now.  Just like everything, if that's requested a lot, that will work its way in eventually.

Please make sure that you use either the {rand} or {fbid} fields in the username to semi-guarantee uniqueness.

We are actively looking into this.

I'm assuming you're using SH404 as well?  Just trying to get as much info as possible so we know if other components may also be causing the issue.

No real comment on it right now.. We're in a feature freeze until the 2.0 stable release now, and starting to piece together the features for afterwards.  This wasn't originally on the map, but we'll look into what it would take.  If everyone speaks up and says this is their #1 priority, we'll move on it quicker, but right now it isn't our highest priority.

We're definitely trying to work hard on getting fixes out there.  If ClassicMariah & Gedmonstone can elaborate on your problems, it will help us focus our efforts on the most immediate bugs.  Preferrably, find a thread already related to the issue, or create a new thread.  This one is very hard to track outstanding issues.

As for development.. yes, we're no (finally) on a feature freeze after the initial JomSocial integration in RC3 until we go stable.  This means bug-fixes only for now.  After that, we have some ideas for the next round of features for the component as well as modules to customize your page with Facebook information.  If you have suggestions, feel free to make a new thread and let us know!

ClassicMariah, on a side note, if you still want a refund, submit a Contact Us through the CMS Market page.  The administrators will help you obtain one.  We can't do that directly.

Yeah, I'd change it back.  A white screen is better than an infinite redirect.

Again, didn't think this would fix it, but it did exactly what I was hoping for... narrowed down your cause to a routing/SEF problem.  We'll work on figuring out how to make sh404SEF play friendly with JFBConnect.

Thanks again for your feedback and prompt responses.  It sucks that you're running into these issues, but we'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for posting that code.  It is a pretty login box.  I can code well, but prettiness isn't my thing.

As for the error reported about your site, I started a new thread about it below.  I was able to recreate it on our own development site once, which definitely helps narrow it down.  It's not common, as far as we can tell, but it's a very high priority to fix since it fails so poorly.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=53&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

The below error was posted in another thread.  Re-posting here for others to follow status updates if you are affected.  This is not common.  It ultimately seems to be a session issue with Facebook and can be caused in cases where a user is logging in/out of Facebook behind the scenes, or has been inactive for very lengthy periods of time.

There are 3 suggested temporary ways to fix this when it occurs (still testing)
1) Log back into Facebook on the actual Facebook site.
2) Close down and open back up the browser.
3) Clearing domain cookies using another method (web developer tools)

This is being investigated and will get an update out shortly which will perform more verification of the current session to make sure it is valid and doesn't throw this error.

Error message below:
Warning: Missing argument 1 for JFBConnectFacebookHelper::_getUserInfo(), called in /home/mfh/public_html/plugins/authentication/jfbconnectauth.php on line 48 and defined in /home/mfh/public_html/components/com_jfbconnect/helpers/facebookhelper.php on line 174

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Session key invalid or no longer valid' in /home/mfh/public_html/administrator/components/com_jfbconnect/assets/facebook-api/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:2458 Stack trace: #0 /home/mfh/public_html/administrator/components/com_jfbconnect/assets/facebook-api/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(1232): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.users....', Array) #1 /home/mfh/public_html/components/com_jfbconnect/helpers/facebookhelper.php(179): FacebookRestClient->users_getInfo(NULL, Array) #2 /home/mfh/public_html/plugins/authentication/jfbconnectauth.php(48): JFBConnectFacebookHelper->_getUserInfo() #3 /home/mfh/public_html/libraries/joomla/user/authentication.php(121): plgAuthenticationJFBConnectAuth->onAuthenticate(Array, Array, Object(JAuthenticationResponse)) #4 /home/mfh/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(528): JAuthentication->authenticate(Array, Array) #5 /home/mfh/public_html/includes/application.php(187): JApplication->login( in /home/mfh/public_html/administrator/components/com_jfbconnect/assets/facebook-api/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php on line 2458

Sorry to keep asking more questions, but what SEF utility are you using on the site?  The login URL being generated is strange, and could be the cause of the problem.  If you don't mind changing a line of code, I have a suggestion below.  I don't think this will fix the issue, but might get us farther along, and help to narrow down the problem.

In the components/com_jfbconnect/helpers/facebookhelper.php file, line 27:
function getFacebookUserLoginLink()
    return JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=loginFacebookUser");

Change the return line to:
    return "index.php?option=com_jfbconnect&task=loginFacebookUser";

Depending on the SEF component, this may not change a thing (just ignoring JRoute), but it's an attempt.  Once I know what you're using, I'll try to install it and start trying to figure out the issue.  If there's a way inside the SEF component to ignore any URLs from JFBConnect, that'd be swell to too current/smile

Be careful with modifying that file (or at least make backups for now).  With each release until stable, we're packaging the login module with the component to make sure that everyone's using the same version (easier to help locate and debug problems).  So when you install a new package, it will overwrite that file.

We'll look into making the module have more parameters to be able to disable most/all other fields than the FB Connect button in the future though, I'm sure others would like that too.

Thanks, while we test everything quite a bit, we love to hear feedback (good or bad).  Now that we have a demo site setup (outside of CMS Market), that may help people do a 1-1 comparison when things do go wrong.

More customers always does help get more done and lets us focus more on support... to that end, good reviews help get more customers  current/wink
CMS Market Review Link
JED Review Link

That function call is basically the test to Facebook to verify that your API and Secret key are correct.  If you're getting null, then something's odd.

Verify those settings again and that there's no whitespace on either side (I trim those values, so there shouldn't be).  Also, if you're cutting and pasting, just make sure that the ends are correct.

JFBConnect RC3 was just released and has the feature that just about everyone has asked for: JomSocial integration.
If you'd rather see it in action, then letting me explain, go to our demo site:

Log in with Facebook, and you'll see your avatar and JomSocial fields automatically populated.

How does JomSocial Integration Work?
There's a new configuration panel called "JomSocial".  In here, you can enable JomSocial Profile creation.  The options available are to:
1) Automatically import the users FB avatar into JomSocial
2) Select from 20 different FB profile fields and map them to any JomSocial textarea or textbox fields. These will automatically be populated with the user's FB data upon registration.

Why RC3?
We're software developers and generally agree that a Release Candidate shouldn't have huge new feature in it.  However, we chose to add them in before the final release for the following reasons:
1) This way, any module developed in the future will be able to see the 'js_enable' configuration setting and act accordingly. This will make module development and compatibility much simpler.
2) You guys wanted it so much!

Going forward
The next steps for JFBConnect are to find and fix any bugs.  We don't plan on any new features before the stable release (hopefully in a week or so).

After that, we plan to give a quick primer on how to make your own modules to integrate with JFBConnect and tie Facebook functionality into your Joomla (and possibly JomSocial powered) website.  We will also be creating modules, but anyone in the community will be welcome to contribute their free or paid modules.

We hope you enjoy this release!

• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats
Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info
Total Users:
Newest User:
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program