• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Hi there !

I am doing a custom modification of the login module 2.0.3 for myself. Since I am not that familiar with fb Connect maybe you can give me a hint:

I would like to ask a confirmation message "Are you sure that you want to connect to Facebook" .... so I changed the login code like this:

Code:

<fb:login-button  size="large" onclick="fb_login_validate(); return false;" background="white" length="long" onlogin="javascript:fb_login_button_click();"></fb:login-button>

When I click on the button the confirm message is asked properly ... but even if it returns false it will not prevent the opening of the Facebook Connect window ? What did I wrong ? Thank you for any hints ....

This is a PHP4 issue.  The below thread may be able to help you further.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=71&p=439&rb_v=viewtopic">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic</a><!-- m -->

The main thing you'd want from the JFBC login module is the whole top section down to the last </script> statement (~line 33).

Then below that, try:

<?php
if ($formType == "login") ?>
     <fb:login-button onlogin="javascript:fb_login_button_click();"></fb:login-button>
<?php else
{ ?> # show logout

Keep this whole section

That is how JFBConnect 2.0.1 functions.  The new 2.1 Test version has the ability to ask a user their preferred username, password, and email address.  A test version of it is available now which works very well with JomSocial.  There are still bugs to be worked out of the Community Builder side.

Our inviter works with JS as well as Community Builder.  We'll investigate creating one specific to JomSocial if time permits, but we're also working on a framework for adding more modules and features from FB to your JS site.  If time permits, we'll investigate farther, but for now, I think our projects will be somewhat separate and unfortunately, user's will have to choose a fully-integrated (and free) solution, or one has easy upgrade options (JFBCInvite, comments module, and more coming soon).

It's tough integrating directly into their modules, but we're working on a solution.  They're stuff isn't developed to use the default Joomla template over-ride system.. I can't fault them (we're not perfect in this area either).

Callback URL cannot be empty in the component configuration section.  If it is blank, that could explain your problems.
1) Have you set up your callback URL in Facebook's application administration section?
2) Have you enabled both plugins?  JFBConnect Authorization plugin and JFBConnect Namespace plugin?

If you've done the above and nothing works, it may be a server configuration problem.  IM me your details and we should be able to get you setup quickly.

We're updating the CB side of the Login module as we speak.  We have both of these items noted as requests and will try get them both in as soon as possible.

A link to your site would be very helpful in this case, as that's not a common issue we're aware of.

We're hoping to get a new release out this week.  Dont think it will be the stable release due to the amount of minor, yet required fixes.  We'll actually start advertising it more at that point to get more testers in and hopefully get a stable release out quickly thereafter.

Yes, you should be able to enter any email address in the field.  Those email addresses are then sent to FB which will distribute them to the users with their own pretty headers and images.  They also (of course) perform SPAM validation and check to see if the user is already a FB member... if so, they just add it to their notifications page.

In essence, yes, you should be able to email.  We're unsure why FB seems to be disallowing some of the email invitations through.

No, I don't off hand.  If you can post your site address, a lot of the time just looking at the HTML helps to narrow down an issue.  Thanks!

Can you link me to either your page with the activity stream and/or the module you're describing?

It's likely a JS or HTML error on the page that's preventing the FB stuff from firing.. we'd love to get to the bottom of it.

I'm not sure our logic looks at the new-user redirect when using pseudo-users.  We've added it as a development task.  The main reason it was 'left off' for psuedo users was because it was primarily intended for the 'real joomla'  users so that you could redirect them to their user page to update their email address and password.

Sorry for the confusion.

As for the blank page, please uncomment (remove the #) the 2 require_once lines in the /components/com_jfbconnect/controller.php file at lines 20, 21. It will be fixed in the next release.

We've taken note of the other issues and are trying to get a new test release out this week for CB.  Hopefully we'll get many of the fixes in there, but the two lines above should help you test more.  Sorry about that!

Sorry for the delay.  Yes, please send us your information and we'll check it out.  Most things are pretty easy to debug when we have access to the site to put in a few simple echo statements to narrow down where the problem is.

Ghog,
Lots of questions, and hopefully some answers here:

This post can hopefully help you with the ignore problem. I don't believe it's CB related.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=113&p=766&hilit=ignore&rb_v=viewtopic#p609">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... topic#p609</a><!-- m -->

As for the redirection issue, we're putting a few more bug-fixes and feature requests in and trying to have a new release out this week.  We'll definitely investigate the & problem further, but unfortunately, don't have an answer right now.

Finally, I'm still unsure what you mean by everyone gets access to 'your' Facebook account.  Is this showing your avatar on their profile, is it inviting people as if they were you?  Please explain more.

Mootools isn't deprecated, it's a ~70kb Javascript file which is widely used.  It used to be included by default in Joomla until version 1.5.7 (or .8?), but then they started making people include it in their components.

The code you show is what was used previously to get around the fact that on some pages Mootools wasn't required (so why push a 70kb file to your users), but was included by default.  Generally, now, if your past 1.5.7 (or .8.. just can't remember).. you shouldn't use that code because now if a component or module is specifically requesting mootools to be included, you shouldn't be removing it.

It's confusing.  However, if you have a site that the button still isn't working on.. check if on a page that it works you have the line in the <head> section:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script> (or something similar)

and compare to pages it doesnt work to see if the line is missing.  If that's the case, this is your problem and add the JHTML line below.
If that doesn't work, check if the line above still isn't appearing.. you may be disabling this code and not even know it.

This is really a new issue to us.  We are investigating and will try to figure out the problem soon.  The different browsers shouldn't be making a difference, but it's possible.  When you click the logout button, it should (as it says) log you out of both your site and Facebook and kill your cookies for both in the process.

If you determine anything new, let us know.  Also, if you would, try on our demo site and let us know if it occurs there.  If there's something we need to change in our configuration to make it more like yours, let us know so we can narrow it down.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://facebook.sourcecoast.com">http://facebook.sourcecoast.com</a><!-- m -->

Also, you can't hardcode the image on your server.  That's a big Facebook no-no, they want you to use their approved, fetched-on-the-fly images.. and it's pulled through Javascript anyways, so it would be difficult to do.

For those of you affected, can you try adding the following bolded line to /modules/mod_jfbclogin/tmpl/default.php:
JFBConnectFacebookHelper::init();
JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');

Let me know if this fixes your issue, and we'll make sure it gets into the next release.

Yeah, keep us posted if you can figure out 'when' this occurs.  We'll keep an eye out as well, but obviously having steps to recreate really helps.

Unfortunately, the original request was made at a time when JFBConnect was smaller and possibly easier to migrate.  Also, since then, the Joomla group has come out and said that the last day of updates for Joomla 1.0 would be in July... and even before that, there hasn't been a patch release in over a year.

JFBConnect will not be migrated to 1.0.  There is simply too much going on with it right now to devote our efforts towards it when there are other higher priority requests already out there.  We perform 1.0->1.5 migrations as well, and while they aren't always exciting, we've always found upgrade paths for our clients on components, even if there isn't a directly compatible 1.5 version.  It's not pleasant, but with the future having no guaranteed security releases for 1.0, I wouldn't recommend leaving any site on that infrastructure.

As for MS.  The Joomla organization (like us) does not have the resources to dedicate to 2 separate branches of development on a very small budget.  They have to pick and choose priorities, and I'm glad they're able to focus their efforts on better improvements over sustaining legacy products.

Good luck, and let us know if there's anything else out there we can help with.  I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for.

That's a new error.  The simplexml_load_string function is a part of PHP5.  I know you have at least PHP5 because there's a whole host of others errors you'd get before that one if you were on PHP4.

Simplexml is an extension added into PHP5 for XML parsing.  It's enabled by default, but appears to be disabled on your server.  The only suggestion I have is to talk with your technical person or hosting company to see if they can enable it.

The link below is PHP5's description of Simplexml and that's its normally enabled.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://us.php.net/manual/en/simplexml.installation.php">http://us.php.net/manual/en/simplexml.installation.php</a><!-- m -->

Try this, and if you still encounter issues, please post there:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=210&p=941&hilit=JRoute&rb_v=viewtopic#p941">http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.ph ... topic#p941</a><!-- m -->

• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dhotañ
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
timwil, hancel
Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program