• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Take a look at this sticky post and let me know if it works:
[url:c6n8yzy0]http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=920&rb_v=viewtopic[/url:c6n8yzy0]

If your account was already registered with your Facebook application, it probably does not have the correct permissions. Try this:

* Go log in to Facebook.
    * Go to Account -> Application Settings.
    * Find your Application and click Edit Settings.
    * Click the Additional Permissions tab.
    * Check "Publish to streams".

When a new user signs up or accepts your application from now on, they are prompted to allow this permission. Any existing users, however, are not prompted. We are looking at adding a feature in the next version that will allow you to set a flag to prompt users the next time they log in if they have not accepted the additional permissions.

You can also test hooking up your Facebook account again (like a new user would experience) by deleting your application on the Application Settings page by clicking the X on the right. Once you've done this, you should get the Facebook pop-up asking to allow your application access to your information again the next time you log into your site.

I just registered on your site and a new message was written to my status:
[url:21qzsm94]http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1376670284[/url:21qzsm94]

One strange thing I noticed is that I was redirected to this URL after registering:
[url:21qzsm94]http://www.alumni.dragonjadejewelry.com/[/url:21qzsm94]

I don't know what caused that, but hopefully you can find a fix or when you go to your live site it shouldn't be an issue.

There is currently a restriction with permissions and posting to the walls of users that have already accepted your FB application.  I am going to write up a sticky post explaining it now and will post a link to it back here once I'm done.

I'm not sure what level of development experience you have, so let me know if any of this does not make sense.

When you post a comment with JComments (or perform another action in Joomla!), the code that gets executed belongs to those components or core Joomla!.  There are a few ways to tie in to core or extension functionality using plugins, but not all extensions support a plugin system.  It would be possible to do what you are asking by changing the JComments code, but that is called a "hack" and is a bad approach because then you can't upgrade your component later, etc.  Another option would be to work with the JComments developers to have them help implement a plugin system (if one doesn't already exist).  If there is another option out there that doesn't require getting other developers to change their extensions and doesn't require users to "hack" their site, that is the solution we would want to use.

I will talk to my co-workers and see if we think we can come up with an easy way to do what you want.  It may be tricky, but at least we can get something going and then decide if it makes sense to contact other developers or make specialized extensions.

Thanks again for your input.  I will post back here when we have an answer for you.

I will register later today and see what I can figure out.  Most of what you are asking for should currently be available.  I don't think the posting to the group's wall functionality is there, yet, but we can investigate that as well.

I'll let you know what I find.

If you want to be our first tester and try using JFBInvite with it without JFBConnect, we will try to help you get it working.  We may have to change the module a little to get it to work correctly, but we should be able to figure it out.  Let us know once you've tested what happens and we will help.

Thanks for the update!

Mark,

The developer that was investigating this is currently on vacation.  He is returning next week and I will discuss this with him and see if we have come up with any answer.  If you thought of anything, please provide any input you have.

Thanks.  Sorry for the delay.

The issue with getting JFBC to work with other extensions (including JReviews) is how the user would configure it.  Do you have any suggestions on how you would want it to work?  Keep in mind that it would be great if it was generic enough to configure for any extension but not so confusing that it's impossible to use.  Perhaps you've come across other extensions that have done something similar to what you expect.

Thanks for the help and input!

Thanks for the info.  I will try to reproduce the issue and get it fixed so no workaround is needed (if possible).  I will post my findings back here.  Thanks again for your help.

If you can PM me a link to your site, I can look at the HTML and see if I can figure out what is causing the conflict.

What happens when you put the invite module in a position where it doesn't show correctly?  Does nothing appear or does it show up wrong?

Those other threads are pretty long.  What exactly did you do on your site for the work-around?

Did you check to make sure all the latest versions of the component and plugins are installed?

Let us know what you find.  Thanks for posting back about your work-around.

rembrandt,

Could you PM me a link to your site so I can see if the login module is conflicting with anything else?  So far, I haven't had any luck reproducing the issue.

Are you getting any javascript errors when the page loads or when you click the Connect button?  Are you noticing anything else weird?

Thanks for your help

We did not write FB Comments.  I would post your question to ceshelman's forum:
[url:eius2pqd]http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=42&rb_v=viewforum[/url:eius2pqd]

If he does not know, post back here and we can help you investigate if there is a way to do it.

Thanks

I'm guessing this is the offending code:

Code:

$this->params->get('show_pms_update_time')

The login module will not know about that parameter.  I would suggest just replacing it with a hard coded value.

Let me know where you get with it.  I can help if you have more issues.

I will try reproducing your issue on my site.  There may already be a fix for this issue, but I want to make sure it's the same issue you are reporting.  I will let you know what I find.

I'm not sure if I'm missing another post, but I don't know which problems lined up with which problem numbers.

What is Problem 3?

Problem 5: I don't know much about the Groups vs Applications pages.  Can you associate a Group page with an Application page?  When a user registers, it should post a message to their wall.  I don't know if it posts anything to the Application or Group.

If you can give me more info, I will try to help.

Thanks

I believe all the plugins get installed with the component, but we leave it up to the user to make sure they get enabled.  If you go to Components -> JFBConnect, the main screen should give you checks and Xs to tell you what is setup and what is not.

Let me know if you don't see this and we will try to make it easier for people to understand.

Glad you got it figured out!

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to log a user into Facebook even after we have linked the account.  The avatar that is showing up in the mod_jfbclogin is actually coming over from Facebook.

If you want the Community Builder avatar to show up, I would suggest using a CB module and then turn off showing the avatar in mod_jfbclogin.  If you need help doing any of this, let me know.  If this solution won't work for you and you would like to try another approach, let me know and I can try to help with that as well.

Thanks

I am planning on starting to look at this functionality next week and hope to have something for you to try by mid-week.  My business parters will be out of town all week, so I want to wait until they are back and can look over my work before making it available to everyone, but if you interested in testing it out before then, I can give you a pre-release beta version.

Let me know.  Thanks.

I'm glad you got it figured out.  Thanks for posting back your solution.

As for the button not showing up in IE, do you happen to get any Javascript errors or anything when that happens?  Is it when you do CTRL+R to reload the page or anything?  I'm wondering if it's a caching issue.  If you have access to your apache logs, I would watch them to see if you can see the image being requested and if it seems like apache is sending it back or maybe having issues.

Let me know if you want help figuring it out.

We should be able to find a fix for it.  Is this something custom you made?  If you got it from another site, if you can send me a link, I will get it and see what it takes to get the two working together.

Thanks

That seems like it should work to me.  If you want to PM me site info, I can take a look.  If you can't, let me know and I will try to setup a test site and see if I can reproduce your issue.

Let me know.

My business partners are going on vacation next week and leaving me here all by myself, so most of my time next week will probably be spent just trying to put out fires.  I wouldn't expect us to have anything out until March.

If you are interested in trying to modify the code to insert the data into Kunena rather than CB/JS, I can try to help out.  I'm not sure how quickly you need a solution.

Let me know how I can help.

We recently discovered a bug with the "New User Redirection" setting, but it looks like you have that set to something, so I don't think this is your issue:
[url:1pxy0vnp]http://www.cmsmarket.com/forum/index.php?f=38&t=863&rb_v=viewtopic#p3070[/url:1pxy0vnp]

Can you check the JFBCLogin module and see what your "Joomla Login Redirection URL" is set to?

You might try saving the module just to make sure the parameters are being properly saved.

Let me know what you find.

Cool.  Thanks for posting that for others.  If you need any help from us, just let us know.

Troy ended up helping us find a bug on this one.

In JFBC Configuration under the User Configuration tab, there is a New User Redirection parameter.  The instructions say "If left blank, the standard log-in page will be used."  If left blank, this will go to the home page with SEF turned off and will send you to a 500 View not found if SEF is turned on.  To fix this for now, I just set it as index.php on Troy's test site.

We will look at fixing this in the next release.

Thanks Troy!

• Index
  • » Users
  • » alzander
  • » Posts

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
renmen
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Social Stream
Refer and Earn

Like our extensions? You're not alone! That's why they're used on tens of thousands of websites. Now you can earn 20% of any sale you refer to SourceCoast.com.

We provide excellent documentation, well laid out sales pages and great support. All you need to do is spread the word and we'll take care of the rest.

Learn About Our Affiliate Program