The reason I ask is that I am trying to get this to work on a QA website that unfortunately isn't public facing (if we can communicate in private I may be able to put it online for a brief period and provide a link to let you take a look).. My issue is that from Chrome, the modal window appears to be working (drops in from the top fades the background, very nicely), but from IE9 the whole screen goes dark and the window appears but will not allow any input.
I have tried investigating the z-order solutions that you have provided for other people and there are various components on the page that use z-order (like the menu, or an image scroller...) but I cannot remove the z-order from those without breaking them.
Edit: Seems to be a problem with JQuery. Am updating to IE10 to see if problem is fixed.
We'd definitely need to see the site somehow to test and help diagnose whatever is happening. It likely is a z-index issue, as you suggested, but impossible to diagnose without seeing.
The best way I can recommend for us to test is to open the site up to public access but use an .htaccess password restriction on it so that a username and password is required to enter. Then, Private Message me the credentials and we'll gladly take a look.
I figured out what the problem was and I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has the same issue :
The situation occurs when you look at a website in a internal server (not on the public internet) using Internet Explorer
(The image on the left is the internal address, the image on the right is using the public ip).
Note that on the left:
1. The Whole screen is dark, including the login box.
2. The login box does not "animate"
3. The login button and the box do not have rounded edges.
Viewing the same page from Chrome (or any other browser I suspect) will render properly.
This is caused by IE detecting that the website is in the "Local Internet" and probably not loading the JQuery scripts as expected.
To see if this is the problem make the following change to IE configuration:
Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Automatically detect intranet network (unckeck)
If the website now renders correctly this is the issue. From this point you may wish to leave this configuration, or to reconfigure the Local Intranet to allow the webpage to load scripts from outside the intranet.
Very glad to hear you found the issue! I wouldn't have ever found that, and likely would have thought you were crazy when I tested remotely since that setting wouldn't matter. As for jQuery, we load a local copy of it (from your server), so it should seem local. The only reason IE should detect it as remote and not load it is if you're disabling the SCLogin's jQuery inclusion and relying on a template or other extension to load it *and* that other inclusion is trying to load a CDN version, like from Google APIs or something.
Either way, glad it's going for you, and let us know if there's anything else we can help with!