The setup went great. Thanks for the great documentation. I enabled the SClogin on the login position in my template (from gavick.com) and disabled the other. However when I want to login they give an error. Just like registering. I also think that the register from still links to the old one.
* Disabling SEF URLs
* Turn off/unpublish any JLinked Profile plugins you may have enabled. Then, test. If it works, re-enable only the profile plugins you need and for extensions you have installed.
Beyond that, please check that you have the cURL extension installed in PHP? If you go to System Info and then the PHP Information tab in your Joomla Admin area, just search for 'cURL'. You should see it come up a few times and it should say "Enabled" somewhere.
We're at the Joomla World Conference this weekend, which is definitely slowing our response time down a little. I apologize for the delays, and we do have a 30-day money back guarantee. If you'd like to take advantage of that, please use the "Refunds" link at the bottom of this page.
As to your issue, I'm not really understanding the current issue right now. I just registered on the site without a problem. I was also able to login using the standard username/password option. Can you let me know:
* Is the K2 plugin currently disabled?
* What happens when you disable SEF URLs?
* Are you using a separate SEF extension, or Joomla's built-in SEF?
* Can you try switching the template to one of the built-in Joomla ones to test and see if that works?
Mainly, the 403 error page is odd because it's not reporting any sort of usable error to diagnose things. Because of that, we need to narrow down the issue a lot more manually by testing different things to see when it starts working and narrowing things down. Since I can recreate the error anymore, that also makes it more difficult.