Hi i find jfbconnect very useful but i have some questions
First of all i have a site in Joomla 1.5.22 with Virtuemart and Acymailing Essential (for newsletter).
I don't use the VM flypage or something like that but i have the products inside articles, 1 product per article
The buyers make accounts threw VM login module not and threw joomla native login module
So after these i have the following questions:
1. When a user logins with FB can buy an item or he must add more informations?
2. After the FB connection the user automatically is a Friend on our FB page? (and if not, can it be done?)
3. After FB connection can somehow add automatically the e-mail address of the user inside my newsletter list? (very important these too)
4. When i add the comment tag in an article under the product, the comments are specialized for the specific product or they are general for all products
5. Right now for FB i use a non-commercial side bar The JBFconnect can be in sidebar as well, and if not is there a problem to keep them both?
Sorry for this question storm and for my english also!
Currently, we do not have profile integration with VirtueMart. It's in development, and we're hoping to have integration with it by the end of this month or early next month.
Once done, it will allow you to pull information from their Facebook profile into Virtuemart, add them to a shopper group, and then they can proceed to checkout.
As for the other questions:
1) It depends on what information you need. There's a lot you can pull from Facebook, but depending on your requirements, you may, or may not need to ask for more information.
2) Facebook users have to approve an 'application' you create through Facebook. They will become users of this application, but they will have to specifically choose to become a fan of your page. That's not automatic (and can't be made to be so, per Facebook policy.
3) Their email will be pulled into Joomla, but you'd need to add this to the newsletter. We don't currently have integration with AcyMailing, but if it can read from the Joomla user table, you should be good to go.
4) You can easily configure the Comment box to be page-specific
5) I'm not sure what you mean about a non-commercial sidebar, but we work with a wide-range of extensions. If you're using other Facebook features, you should be able to replace them with JFBConnect.. or continue to use them with little or no modification.
Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your quick response and for your helpful answers also
1. I mean info that needs VM login module to add a user to shopper group
I'll just wait the newest version that intergrates with VM
Just wanted to let you know that we just released the VirtueMart profile plugin. This add-on will automatically import what it can from the user's Facebook profile, and ask for any other information from the user that's required to complete their profile. They will automatically be added to the default shopper group after that, and can make their purchase quickly.
For more information on the new plugin, until we get a full document ready for it, see:
http://www.sourcecoast.com/forums/topic … p=1#p10705