I would like to enquire before I made a purchase about the JFBConnect feature, Does it will sync my website Joomsocial activities (post, comments, share videos and Photos) to be posted at my Facebook Fan page.
I need to need to know if JFBConnect will help my Joomsocial active to be posted into my facebook fanpage before.
Thank you so much.
JFBConnect has a 'Channels' feature, which lets an administrator for your site push any URL from your site to a Facebook Page or Group, Twitter Stream or LinkedIn Company Page with one click. However, we do not automatically post activity and URLs from your site to those channels.
One of the issues, specifically with JomSocial, is that each activity update doesn't always have it's own unique URL. When you post an update to any of the social networks, they expect a unique URL to go along with the post. With the way JomSocial creates most activity, we'd be able to post the JomSocial home page or each user's individual activity stream. Posts like the "Hello there" update in your example above wouldn't have any URL we could post that relates only to that post.
I hope that makes sense, but if you have any other questions, please let us know.
I have some similar questions
I would like the administrator of our web site to be able to update our Facebook page Automatically. We are a Dog Rescue Charity and our web admin will post/update a list of rescued dogs (Name, Photo, Age etc) on our Web Site (As Joomla Articles) and I would like to automatically add/update our Facebook page.
1. Can Joomla Articles by category type be Automatically posted/updated to the Facebook Page? If not can this be done manually for each Article?
2.Does the app allow only the Article "intro text" to be posted to the Facebook page?
3. Can individual Articles have "likes" that are sent back to the individual item on the Facebook page and via versa?
4. Can a link to the Joomla Atricle page by embedded into the Facebook page for quick access to the site
1) We don't currently have automatic posting abilities in JFBConnect. You can easily post content from any URL of your site back to any social channel you create within JFBConnect (Facebook Pages & Groups, Twitter Streams and LinkedIn Company Pages).
2) JFBConnect has Open Graph plugins which let you set the Open Graph tags that are set for an article. Open Graph is what sets the title, description and image to be used when a page is shared. You can configure the description to be the first 'x' words of an article, which could let you set it to 10000 if you wanted. We also have an easy to use tag you can add to your articles to set your own description custom to each article.
3) All social networks track the share count by the URL of the page. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'individual item on Facebook' as the content will be on your site.
4) Yes, this is handled by the open graph plugin to create the 'embed'. All you have to do is share the page, either with our posting feature or by simply creating a status update and inserting your link on Facebook.
I hope that helps,