after update to v7.2.4 we get HTTP ERROR 500
Now we restored file on our site (and restore the operations), but in order to install the update we are worries to face some issue again
please help us to understand
Can you let us know what version of Joomla you're using? Also, when do you get that error. Is it when you authenticate, on every page of the site, on the front end and admin area, etc?
If you're getting a 500 error, that means the site can't load. We haven't heard from any other users regarding a 500 error, so I don't have much to go on here. If there was a specific error message on the page when that happened, that would help us investigate further. If you choose to upgrade again, you can also set the Error Reporting option in the Joomla Global Configuration area to "All", which may show a more detailed message of why the site won't load.
Finally, if you upgrade and get the error, if you can still access the admin area, please disable the JFBCSystem plugin. That will likely 'fix' the problem, but disable most of JFBConnect. At least that should help get you going though and we'd be able to investigate further from there.
we just update to Joomla! 3.8.5
we get error both in FE and BE
we tried to disable plugin by DB, no fix
so we restore the backup file and then install again the update v7.2.4
so was ok - run auto and works again
I don't know, but it was happen also last time (with other update)
on update somethings goes wrong the first time
now is ok
After updating, you saw the 500 error one time? After that, it went away?
It sounds like there may have been an installation or caching error on your site. The old, original files from the earlier installation weren't overwritten properly or something like that. I'm glad that it sounds like things are working properly for you now.
If you do continue to have issues, please let me know.
after update is appeared single page asking to run autotune
I clicked blue button and appeared error 500 - and stop all site (be and fe)
restore the file and work again
later I try in several manner to update again and at the end has worked
(clean cache several time server, browser - disable plugin, install by file, etc.)
anyway I will see the next time
Definitely strange and unexpected behavior. If you do have issues with the next update, please let us know and we'll gladly help investigate more as this isn't something we've heard of, but would like to get to the bottom of.