After updating Joomla to 3.8.4, Facebook login is no longer working. When it tries to hit this url after clicking the Facebook button:
it returns: ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I can't find the Facebook Login feature on your site. I'm assuming you disabled it temporarily while you were having this issue.
I just tested on your site and was able to authenticate, choose a subscription, logout and then log back in using Facebook. Have you changed anything?
I'm trying to understand the behavior that's causing the problem, but so far, we're unable to recreate the issue on our development site. If you are still having the issue, please try changing the "Show 'Login Credentials' in popup" and try again to see if either Yes or No works for you? That may be a temporary solution if it does and will help us narrow things down either way.
We believe we've narrowed down and fixed the issue with Joomla 3.8.4. It's a combination of issues with updates to URL generation for SEF, the language filter plugin and a few other things. If you aren't using the Language Filter plugin, you should be able to disable it while leaving SEF URL's enabled and that should fix things for your as well.
If you need a fix ASAP, please PM me FTP credentials for your site and we'll gladly make the code changes necessary for you to test out. Otherwise, there will be a new release of JFBConnect very soon that should resolve this.
Disabling the Language Filter plugin did it for you? Glad to hear that got you going. A more complete fix will be available soon, but glad to hear that temporary measure works. Of course, if you're not using the language filter plugin, then no big loss either way.
Turns out it was Joomla's fault, they accidentally reverted some routing changes in 3.8.4. Updating to Joomla 3.8.5 has fixed the issue and my users can use social login again:
https://www.joomla.org/announcements/re … lease.html
Thanks for posting that link. It's definitely true that Joomla 3.8.4 introduced the e issue. We have a new release coming out today that is much more robust to future changes like made in Joomla 3.8.4 and, since we dug into things deeper, we fixed a few other language URL issues that we hadn't been able to fix in the past. So, our new release is still recommended, but upgrading to 3.8.5 should also get you going if you're experiencing the login issue.
Thanks for your patience and reports on the issues everyone, they really helped us narrow things down quickly!