There seems to be some issue with the sessions. If I am logged into my site with JFB and have an open FB tab running sometimes my FB connection in joomla disappears but I am still logged into joomla. If I try to click the facebook icon it logs me in a unknown.unknown. No mapping is created but a Joomla user is created. I am again testing this in FF. I will give it a try with IE.
Also in FF if I have a tab open with FB in it and try to login or create an account in another tab one of two things happen, either a unknown.unknown user is created in Joomla and I am logged into that user or the screen goes blank and I have to wait for the session to time out or I have to disable the JFBLogin module, restart FF and reload the page. I have not tried IE as extensively but at first glance it appears to have similar behavior.
Let me know if you need additional testing or information.
I am very excited about this component, let me know what I can do to help.
Strange, but I have noticed that I have 7 users on my system set up as unknown.unknown and a random 5 digits. I have not noticed if the problem is the same as you mentioned, however, I will start paying more attention. I will delete the 7 user accounts tonight, and monitor it over the next couple of days.
Apart from this, everything seems good.
I just looked at our demo page, and of all the users, we have one unknown.unknown as well. This occurs when JFBConnect is unable to retrieve information about a user, and those are the 'default' values we put in. We're investigating both why the user information wasn't able to be pulled and how to prevent the user from being created when this happens. I don't think it's a browser issue (IE vs FF) but if you happen to see some differences, let us know.
Thanks for notifying us of the problem!
i have the same problem.
with my own account and safari there was no problems, but there was the message:
"the avatar file (/server file structur/) for user139 does not exist. using default image instead.
There was an issue import your facebook avatr. the default avatar will be used.)
since the Jjfbconnect is online we have some uknown_xyz users...
I am getting the same error... I have 30 users set to "unkown.unknown_random number" for their username, and it seems to be growing at an alarming rate... Please help! Have you made any headway into solving this issue?
I assume that there is no way to contact these users because they will never again be able to log into this joomla account to check their private messages, nor will they ever get notifications of these messages via email.
The issue was fixed with 2.0.1 version of the component. We haven't detected any new user creations like this since then on our test sites.
The users that were getting created were not real users. There was a bug in the logic where through a constant clicking through the site, the login module could fire off thinking a user had logged in. This is not normal usage, and we check for it now and prevent these fake users from being created. The primary way this happened was when search engines would crawl a site. If you look at your user manager, you can sort by 'unknown.unknown' and delete any of these phantom users. Going forward (if you have 2.0.1), no new ones should be created.
Sorry for the inconvenience.