× Joomla Facebook Connect support forum

Topic-icon shar.es under article title on facebook

Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 6 days ago #21419 by DavidT
Hi, when I share one of our articles, it has "shar.es" under the article title on facebook. I attached a few screenshots so that you can see. Please help me get rid of this.
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
The topic has been locked.
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 6 days ago #21424 by mtk

DavidT wrote: Hi, when I share one of our articles, it has "shar.es" under the article title on facebook. I attached a few screenshots so that you can see. Please help me get rid of this.

File Attachment:

Hello,
what is the real domain of the website?
what version of JFBC are you using?

also please, post the reply from the account which you have purchased a subscription.

Mati
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21437 by kamastudio
Hi, www.theonlinefisherman.com/
Version: 4.1.1
Thanks for replying so fast
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21441 by mtk

kamastudio wrote: Hi, www.theonlinefisherman.com/
Version: 4.1.1
Thanks for replying so fast

Thank you.
This issue might be a simple cache issue.

before allowing any user to LIKE/SHARE any link/page on your website, ensure that you visit the Facebook Debug Tool where you can see, how FB sees your website and correct anything before it is cached in FB's cache (for a week or so) after a user LIKEs or SHAREs.

Mati
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21443 by kamastudio
I don't understand what that would have to do with anything...but I tested the links out that have "share.es" under the title and none of them had anything like that anywhere in the debug tool.

If you look on our facebook page, every single article that I post has that code under the title of the article...it's not something I'm putting in there...it's something facebook or jfbconnect is putting there for some reason

www.facebook.com/TheOnlineFisherman
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21445 by mtk

kamastudio wrote: I don't understand what that would have to do with anything...but I tested the links out that have "share.es" under the title and none of them had anything like that anywhere in the debug tool.

If you look on our facebook page, every single article that I post has that code under the title of the article...it's not something I'm putting in there...it's something facebook or jfbconnect is putting there for some reason

www.facebook.com/TheOnlineFisherman

Yes, Facebook is the one putting that link (shar.es) under the title/link you post.
since you are using Short URLs in the form of shar.es/SOME_CODE, facebook will take shar.es as the domain name for that link.

Hope that helps.

Mati
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21447 by kamastudio
We're not using anything to shorten our links...does facebook do it by itself? And if so, how can I change that?
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21448 by mtk

kamastudio wrote: We're not using anything to shorten our links...does facebook do it by itself? And if so, how can I change that?

Hello,
are you using ShareThis?
forums.sharethis.com/topic.php?id=567

Mati
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21452 by kamastudio

mtk wrote:

kamastudio wrote: We're not using anything to shorten our links...does facebook do it by itself? And if so, how can I change that?

Hello,
are you using ShareThis?
forums.sharethis.com/topic.php?id=567

Mati

I guess we are...I'm sorry for the trouble. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve that issue soon. Thanks for the help!
Active Subscriptions:

None
12 years 5 days ago #21455 by mtk

kamastudio wrote: I guess we are...I'm sorry for the trouble. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve that issue soon. Thanks for the help!

Glad we could help.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mati